For the camping retired.....with time and tin cans. | SouthernPaddler.com

For the camping retired.....with time and tin cans.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker

Funny thing that you posted this. I also have it in the camping section. http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15 Plus I have made several of the Pepsi Can Stoves and have even given a few away when folks saw how well they worked. Actually the Scott Henderson Pepsi Can Stove but I used Coke cans.
Made some magnum ones from 24 oz Bud cans ... they work really good.

Used them on one trip down the Suwannee River when three of us paddled it and I did all my soups and tea with them. They are really nice for shore side lunches of hot liquids when it is cooler outside. They get hot, fast and cool down quick. 1 oz of alcohol will boil 2 cups of water in about 5 minutes.
Just don't set the stove on any cold ground, have a rest for it to sit on, the cold can make the flame go out.
What I like to use is the Amgazit Pocket Cooker (it is a small wood burning stove made in Israel and folds up about the size of a couple packs of cigarettes) to hold the burner. Using the alcohol stove there is no soot or ash to contend with.

Made some of the cat stoves also, they are really easy to make and put out good heat.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Art
Cabelas , Gander Mountain and the ole boy with the Sportsmen's club , Military surplus use to sell them.

I got mine from Cabelas.

If you are thinking about making one of the stoves and can't find the Amazgit then a Sterno Stove will work just as good with the little alcohol burner.

Chuck.