Freeze Dried Eggs..... | SouthernPaddler.com

Freeze Dried Eggs.....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Miz Jean of Adventure Foods has been in the process of retiring. She has quit shipping her fine products since early Spring. I miss the freeze dried eggs the most. They were the best. Those of you who have tried them know what I'm talking about. My question is......."Have any of you found a substitute that comes close to Miz Jeans?"

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
Years ago, I got my dried eggs at the health food store. They were NOW brand. I don't think they were freeze fried, but they weren't bad for dried eggs.
(of course, I put so much onion and garlic powder, and dehydrated pepper and mushroom in with the powdered eggs, the egg taste was kind of a background taste.)

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Miz Jeans eggs didn't need a whole lot of doctoring up......A little salt and pepper they was real good. On a scale of 1-10 for powdered eggs.....US Army powdered eggs was a minus25.....and Miz Jeans was a positive 12.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Roger the +12 on Mz Jean's eggs. They make as good of scrambled eggs as fresh ones. I have a private - highly treasured - cache in my freezer.

IRREPLACEABLE ... and ya can't get'em ennymore either.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Jack I wished I would have known that the last time I camped on your couch... :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Yak....

I am sure we can find out where they came from in ...... Oct ..... I will be up there camping and cooking for that White Water Idiot from Miss-a-slippie ( When I feel like doing it ) and I know Ms Jeans & Sam's Address...That's a good reason to take the day off and let him eat MRE'S. :D

Besides if he wants to shadow me ..... There is NO WAY in heaven or here on earth his truck could go off the roads where the Gold Goat can go up there. Ms. Jeans and Sams place is safe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Chuckles...When that bear gits a taste of your vittles......he'll pass ya up run'n barefoot up that hill!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I like a real egg with my cheese grits, bacon 'n pretzels 'er in a egg sammich, but I caint see me eatin' a powder egg. I dont aim ta bake no cake on the river. I kin buy flapjacks that dont need a egg.....if I wanted a flapjack (which I dont).

I dont think I ever ate a powder egg on the river 'er in a camp. What iz the point? Dont none of ya'll git all worked up over a quiche. :lol:

regards
bearridge

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. Friedrich Nietzsche

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
One guy I paddled with used to cook up REI's powdered eggs. God what a gagging mess! 1/4" thick glue and crap in the skillet, and a half cup of yellow snot on my plate. They had better tucker on Devil's Island.

Br'r Bear, I took Mz Jean's eggs to the office once for a "carry in breakfast". Added some pre-fried bacon. Cooked it all in a cast iron skillet on my camp stove at my desk. Drew several compliments from the eggs, and no one believed they are powdered eggs.

I kid thee not!