Fresh garden pasta toss.... | SouthernPaddler.com

Fresh garden pasta toss....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
'Ol Yak worked in the garage today and was having high blood pressure from the news media. Miz Yak sez, your mak'n dinner. She sets me up with a bottle of wine, Andrea Boccelli on the stereo and I'm in the kitchen. I hope younz, or y'all have garden veges like I do.......

*About half a dozen fresh garden 'maters diced up
*a bell pepper diced up
* small tender zucchini diced up
*Glass of a white wine
*Basil and oregeno chopped up
*Salt and pepper, dash of sugar
*Half dozen cloves of garlic mashed and chopped
*Few shots of olive oil out of the bottle
* Box of angel hair pasta
*Lot's of parmesan cheese and maybe some ground red pepper

In a Dutch oven, put everything in except the pasta and cheese, simmer about half an hour. Make the pasta, place on platter and pour veges over top, sprinkle with cheese and ground red pepper on top. Pour a glass of red wine. Break off a chunk of Dago (I can say that libs, I'm a Dago! Get a life and get a sense of humor, you ain't gett'n out of here alive!) bread and enjoy!

PS: Also stuffed 3 different kinds of hot peppers from the garden with Dago Sweet sausage and baked in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. MMMMMMMMMMMM! :D Wish all younz we're here with me, I'd treat ya right! 8) :lol: Anyone need a cup of Swampy's coffee after dinner with a biscottii?
Damn. I really wish my paddl'n buddies we're here! :cry:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
If we were there you sure would not have any left overs except for a certain persons coffee but that could be used for cleaning out the Dutch Oven. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see it now .... the next camping trip I will be drinking a cup of coffee when everyone has gone to sleep ......... so no one knows.

Chuckles

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
If we were there you sure would not have any left overs except for a certain persons coffee but that could be used for cleaning out the Dutch Oven. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've heard that it can also be used for etching glass, but didn't believe it at all.

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
My Neighbor

Oldyaker I sure wish you was my neighbor that lived across the "back-alley". :lol: You eat the kind of food I eat. Back when I was a kid(I'll be 50 in November). I started growing gardens when I was about 9 or 10. The main purpose was so I'd have ingredients for my favorite dish. Garlic,peppers,onions, maters if I had them. I'd saute in butter and olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. I'd get me a big hunk of crusty Italian bread and eat my cooked up veggies. Putting them on the bread and soppin up the leavings.... :D
Kahuna