Geezer Famous for about 15 minutes | SouthernPaddler.com

Geezer Famous for about 15 minutes

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend piper,

I recall when we come up with this section. So many geezers ('n some wives) come upon so many hard times we needed a section ta keep up with how everbody wuz doin'. I liked yer idea of namin' it the "Wailing Wall", but somebody else counted the votes 'n we got a "corner cafe" where....no surprize....folks jest drop in ta chit chat.

It got so bad we now got twirlin' squirrel bird feeders 'n ever dang topic under the sun cept keepin' track of ailments.

Now it dont make me one bit more proud ta know ya cuz yer in the news with yer fine tool skills. Well, that aint really true. I am mitey dang proud, but I jest had ta see what it felt like ta be a hall monitor. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now, I move we add a new section like this

"The Wailing Wall"
Falling apart an the Doc had to fix it , lets us know about the repairs.

After that I move we reduce the High Sheriff's annual bonus ta 1.4x hiz reglar salary fer '09. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here iz the pichur of hiz first bonus....way back when he wuz a jolly goodfella. 8) 8)

I also make a motion we buy him a hairpiece.......so he kin look jest like Burt Reynolds. :lol: :lol: :lol:

regards
bearridge

ps Ya'll better not hijack no more threads....'n ya better bury Ned rite. If ya dont I aim ta come back, burn yer houses down, kill all yer friends 'n give yer dogs fleas.

A sympathetic Scot summed it all up very neatly in the remark, "You should make a point of trying every experience once, excepting incest and folk dancing." Sir Arnold Bax

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
i think it's great that piper gets recognized for something

he's spent 25 years making fidd er violins and about two months making bows and the paper wants to talk about his bow making....reminds me of an old joke that ain't fit for internet transmission, but the gist of it is a feller gets remembered for the wrong thing

seriously though a good article about a good feller......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Seedtick.... Tell me about it and welcome to the club , Piper.

I don't wear no Pink Shirts and I know how to shave , that person receiving the paddle in his hands is an .... IMPOSTOR. Dam.. Never trust a Lawyer with a picture , they always turn it around.

Now I'm not sure who that is in the floppy hat and with the little pack in his hand , probably some wayward camper ( Looks like a grit eating cracker to me) checking out the nut factory camping next to him. :lol: :lol: :lol: Not even saying anything about that Carolina swampy person next to the IMPOSTOR.... receiving the paddle. Lawyers , they always twist things around to the way they see them. :roll:

Chuckles........

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
I also think it's great that Piper has gotten recognized for at least SOMEthing!
But it's a cold hard fact of life, that this country (perhaps the world as we know it), has been built on the day to day efforts of people that were, and are, never recognized.
It good to see the "Good Guy" in the sun, now and then.

islandpiper

jimsong said:
But it's a cold hard fact of life, that this country (perhaps the world as we know it), has been built on the day to day efforts of people that were, and are, never recognized.
n.

I have often thought that same thing, for instance walking into a city hall.....the plaque on the door has the name of the council members and the governor at the time.....no shovel men, no electricians, no painters, no grunts........

I think around here we are all the little men that prop the rest of the mess up.

piper

islandpiper

OK.......bearridge, just to make you happy:

my mom now has diabetes, and a sore on her foot that won't heal.

My right knee has a tear in the meniscus that makes my eyes water when i walk.

OK? Piper

Ps: I have been applying cheap Scotch to the knee from the inside, and that helps.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Teary friend piper,

I am sorry to hear bout both ailments. That bad foot iz very worrisome. At times life seems comes at ole folks hard. I hope they find a way ta fix her problem.

At the Shade Tree Medikle Clinic we prescribe low dollar Scotch 'er fine sippin' whiskey when yer meniscus brings a tear. Hope ya dont wind up with a peg leg, but if ya do I bet ya carve a fine one. Mebbe build a crutch? We had this talk before? No....that wuz the eye patch, a shoulder parrot 'n a swashbuckle. If ya had a crutch, ya kin give a fella the black spot. I know a few oughta git one. Aye Laddie.

ya'll git well soon
bearridge

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Nations and peoples who forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms. Robert Heinlein

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
seedtick said:
i think it's great that piper gets recognized for something

he's spent 25 years making fidd er violins and about two months making bows and the paper wants to talk about his bow making....reminds me of an old joke that ain't fit for internet transmission, but the gist of it is a feller gets remembered for the wrong thing

seriously though a good article about a good feller......

Yeah, I've been making bows for 20 years and helped infect Piper with the bow bug, and HE gets an article. :roll:

Good for you, Piper. Ya know, now that you're famous, ya kin charge twice as much for your bows. :)

Joey