Geezer Knees | SouthernPaddler.com

Geezer Knees

islandpiper

Jack, come hang around here some more and we'll have enough fried food you won't NEED any more lube in your joints. You might put a single drop of either Extra Virgin olive oil or WD-40 in your Scotch, too.

Five shots in the knees?? How the heck many knees do you have?

piper

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Chuck,

you play football in ya younger days?

My hands and knees are stuffed in this cool weather. Thinking about putting in some grease nipples. :lol:

try rubbing in some warm olive oil. seems to help me a bit. :D

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Hobblin' Jack,

It haz been over 30 years since me'n my brother wrote "I Think My Baby's Gonna Die". Now ya got me thinkin' bout anuther verse. In my book knees 'n rabies rhyme purty dang good. Thanks 'n I hope ya dont end up like Karl Mauldin that time Nevada Smith got thru with hiz knees.

Funny where the Muse comes frum. 8)

regards
bearridge
bodine blues band

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film. Steven Wright

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Jack Ol Boy....I've seen how ya walk sometimes, I suspected knee issues. I myself have arthritis in the knees and hands. Tom(Ol Fart) calls it arthwrongus with good reason. Let me know how the treatment works. I got it from mother I believe, Too many years of rescuing aircraft in sub zero weather didn't do any good either. Anyway, many say wear a copper bracelet, I got so sick of hearing about copper bracelets, I put one on to shut the copper bracelet crowd up for once and all. Now! I have the other naysayers saying copper bracelets don't work! I can't win! :x
I find a fair cigar, some cheap whiskey or cold beer taken in the company of friends, just works wonders! Especially if administered around a campfire. I believe I found a remedy for the pain, but not the cure. I guess I can live with that remedy. :wink:

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Sorry Jack & Chuck,

Must have been having another "Poppy" moment.

My question was aimed at Jack.

I don't think running on its own would have done that much damage to your knees mate. Though who knows for sure? Certainly would have helped your heart.

I was what they call here, an "impact" forward in rugby league football. Lost of short sharp sprints that usually ended in an impact of one sort or another.

Couldn't step for shit, just hard up the middle and put a little hurt on the other bloke. I wasn't born this ugly ya know. :D

Bloody knees are giving me hell at the moment. (cool change just arrived last night)

coogzilla

May 3, 2008
So Cal USA
Yes. you are uglier than me. No one named here. I don't want to get
into troubles now. I hope we all have a sense of humor.
Mine has no limit har har. G'day&Cheers Coogs

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Kayak Jack said:
Just got the fourth set of the five shot series. Knees are getting better, but I still think that adding a zerk so I could grease it would help.

Get an oil cup installed so you can use olive oil.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
After nine days in this warm weather, my knees are alot better and fingers are not near as painful like they are at home. Alot less stiff as well.
Hopefully, with summer coming up North things will get better....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
JEEZ! I had forgotten that one! Thanks!

Well, Time to wake up crabby over here, head on over to Charlie Teeples for a cooler full of Georgia Wld Shrimp and head the buggy North. See y'all downstream!

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend oldyaker,

Drive cheerfully! If I had some other idiot ta tend ta the yard, I'd like ta head up north of the Dixon-Mason line. It iz so humid here it reminds me of Sweden.......inside a closet with somebody chunkin' water on hot rocks. Skeeters got two 'er three small dogs this week.

Friend Jack,

I reckon we kin kneel in that hot salt water?

How bout a hydraulic pump 'n a silicon titty in each knee? When Dickie's Big Johnson went willy nilly, the Medicalcare folks sprung fer a pump. Too bad Dickie aint a young fella......well, mebbe not......mite be like King Midas that time hiz wish got him in a heap a truble. :mrgreen:

regards 'n good mornin'
bearridge
bodine a&m

It's the opinion of some that crops could be grown on the moon. Which raises
the fear that it may not be long before we're paying somebody not to. Franklin
P. Jones

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Kayak Jack said:
Some evening, try an olde timey remedy. Take a pan of water as hot as your feet can stand it, pour in a half cup of Epsom slats, and soak your feet. Next day, soak your hands similarly.

Been told to go soak my head before--but not my hands and feet...

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
bearridge said:
... I reckon we kin kneel in that hot salt water?
Br'r Bear and Bear's Buddy,

'Twasn't water with table salt in; I suggested Epsom salts.

I suppose you can dangle and soak anything in it you want. I wouldn't kneel deeply for prolonged periods, though. You risk a hiccup, and unintentional siphoning of excess fluids. If, after 4 hours, you cannot "deflate" something, either call for medical assistance - or maybe for more gals.

coogzilla

May 3, 2008
So Cal USA
Hey I can't walk 18 holes anymore. Both knees are shot. Swell up like
balloons. Lock up solid. Ace bandages put on tight seem to help.
Keeps the swelling down. The "epson salts" helps with the pain and
swelling. Aside from morphine, I really have no idea what can be done

Mine are from motorcycle use. Coogs

(and snow skieng)