Geezer Knees | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Geezer Knees

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
To those with "arthwrongus" , I have information.
1. Avoid all members of the Nightshade family in your diet. This is a lot easier said than done! For me particularly! That means no potatoes, tomatos, tomatillas, peppers, (that includes bells, jalapenos, habaneros, and chile of any sort.), and ground cherries.
I do not follow this regimin. In my opinion, tomatoes and potatoes are two of the major food groups!
2. Proteolytic enzymes will dissolve calcium deposits and bone spurs, but it takes a good long while before you actually get some relief. Check the health food store.
3. DMSO. This is a solvent, not approved for humans, but it's used on high dollar horse athletes. It's kind of hard to come by, but it gives me decent relief in my hands and feet. Try a vetarenary supply, or a knowledgable health food store. FYI, The label will say not to apply it to humans. It will leave a nasty taste in your mouth, no matter where you apply it.
4. A drug, whose name escapes me at the moment, is an analog of codiene. It's supposed to be addiction proof, and relativly harmless. In 99.99% of the cases, the addiction proof part is true. It wasn't for me. After taking it for two years, I spent a miserable six months getting away from it. I'll try to get the name of the drug to you, as soon as I remember it.
My two cents worth, spend it wisely.
Jim

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
And I forgot, avoid pork in all forms. There is a plethora of informational studies that indicate pork is detrimental to one's well being. Apparently the Jews, Seventh Day adventists, and the Musims are right.
Once again, even knowing what I know, I ignore this proposition.
Can there be life without bacon?
Jim

islandpiper

jimsong.......DMSO, a favorite of working musicians everywhere. My advice, wash hands and area of appication, RINSE WELL, and dry thouroughly before any application. DMSO is one of the few things that actually soaks in through human skin and it CARRIES OTHER COMPOUNDS WITH IT. So, if you have soap, bug spray, perfume, whatever......it will enter your body. Personally i'd rather have bug spray on me than in me.

There are internet sources for DMSO. Use it sparingly. Yes it works. Yes it gives you a bad taste in the back of your throat. I always took it to be "old" onions.

Piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You guys sound like a TV commercial for the new drugs , take this to cure .... Lets say .....Hang Nails.... (Telling you how good it is 15 seconds of a three minute commercial , the rest of the time in the disclaimer)

Then the disclaimer and the list is four miles long on things it will do to you that are not of any benefit including a reduction in height from using the drug. Yep it will cure hang nails but kill you in the process and if you stop breathing for more then 4 hours .... seek medical help. :roll:

Chuck

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
O Master of Flow Bizness,

Miz Ann tole us she uses horse linament on her sore joints.....works a heap better'n Ben Gay. Mebbe we oughta give oats 'n apples a try? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: The Commodore will likely have ta dig a bigger hole under the throne. :wink:

regards
bearridge

St. Louis?
No, Navin Johnson.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
I like pig in all it's forms, almost. Can't eat pig ears. The crunch drives me nuts. Yall know how I feel about liver but that does not include pig liver when its used to make boudain. Love that stuff. My wife gets all the pigs feet. Anything elst except for a few unmentionable parts are good. It may not be good for me but I like it.
Bob

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
Piper,
You are absolutely right about cleaning up before applying DMSO!
Twenty years or so ago, I got home from a gig about three AM, and just collapsed in a recliner and passed out. My two youngest sons got up about seven, and applied fake tattoos on my hands, while I slept.
Shortly thereafter, my fingers were aching so badly, I went into the garage, and drenched my hands with DMSO. All that was left of the tattoos when I was done, was a thin plastic film. Somewhere in my body there runs a blue bird and a jolly roger.
At times, I don't know wheather to sing sweetly, and eat bugs, or to pillage and rape.
It is indeed a quandry.
Jim

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
Wannabe,
The secret of eating pig ears, is to develope a taste for back fungus. It crunches just like pig ears. So whenever you are crunching on pig ears, you can imagine you are eating black fungus.
Yummy!
Beer helps as well.
Jim

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
Bearridge,
The ORIGINAL absorbine is also good stuff! Get it at the feed store. Absorbine Jr. is okay, but the original is better. It's meant for horses, so it is just right for studs like those who hang around this dive.
Jim

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
Well, Bob, I'll not continue with the tasty pig parts that were going to end with the roast pig tail, early in the boucherie. Just at day break.(The secret there is lots of salt)
Jim

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
Jack,
I'm shocked! I thought you were the "live large" sort on a guy. A guy that would enjoy pig ears and tails, blood sausage, slim jims, grits and nouc mam. With a side of rice bugs and okra.
Guess I was wrong.
Jim

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I quit eating out of the garbage dump a few weeks ago, Jim. Okra isn't as bad as nuc man, but those big rice bugs bring back memories. Lets you'n me have a prayer meeting around a few beers, and swap stories.