Glades Skiff | SouthernPaddler.com

Glades Skiff

Oldironsides

Nov 20, 2009
Daytona Bch Fl.
Afternoon gentlemen,
I am interested in a boat I accidentally ran across and I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the subject for me. I am going to start my Cajun Skiff build this winter, but til then I am wanting to try and start my building career on something simpler. From the pictures it (glade skiff) looks to be real simple but I was curious about if anyone has any experience with one of them or has any pics of any and all stages of a build. I am running to Barnes n Nobles tonight because someone said there was a layout in a book about Glen Simmons "Gladesman" so im gonna give it a whirl and Im very interested in Fl history. So I will kill two birds with one stone. Thanks guys

Jon

Oldironsides

Nov 20, 2009
Daytona Bch Fl.
Yeah Matts boat is ultimately the boat I would like to build, and will when I'm ready for S&G building. I went and got the gladesman book and it has just a paper drawing. So I will copy it and try it in a model form first. Also the next time I'm down at my folks in Ft Myers I will head further south and try and drum up some oldtimers.

Matt I will have to try and find that book to and take a look at it. Any insight on what I'm gonna find in that book?