Glades Skiff | SouthernPaddler.com

Glades Skiff

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
My Glades Skiff build is at long last OVER!

Here is how it came out:

GSD01.jpg

And from the side:

GSD02.jpg

Bow on:

GSD03.jpg

Starboard Quarter:

GSD04.jpg

Loaded on the truck and ready to go:

GSD05.jpg

Now then, I do have some pics taken from the boat while in the water at Crews Lake Park. But they really don't show the boat. I'll be posting them in the Trip Report section, in a few days.

But there is one more pic, and I have to warn you, it's just a "teaser." It's a still from a video I shot. When I've figured out how to edit the video, it will be posted. This may take a couple of days. . . This is just one more thing I've never done before. :D

GSD06.jpg

All in all, the boat has shown me that it will perform as expected. In some ways, even better. Poling is something I'm learning, but I was surprised to find that it paddles quite well, with a single blade canoe paddle. Also, the push pole/stand-up paddle works pretty good, too.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

Gamecock

Jul 17, 2012
:D Hey Mike, way to go, buddy roe. It looks REAL GOOD. I think you could go into business making those skiffs. Dave.

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
Thanks, Guys! :D

We have enough professional boat builders on this Forum as it is. I am just a beginner. Besides, I'd have to charge about a million bucks each. :shock:

Anywho, I got the video done. It is here: http://youtu.be/3d-hT1Ef3l4

This is my first attempt at a YouTube video. I'll do a much better production job in the future.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
I'm not sure that link really works. I could see the video when I clicked on the link while "previewing" the post, but someone on the bladesandbushcraft forum tried it, and said they couldn't see it. I fixed the link over there, they have a YouTube icon that lets you imbed it in the post.

So, if the link in the above post doesn't work, try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d-hT1Ef3l4

Between the two, one of them should work.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
Again, thanks for all the comments. Hearing from all of you when I'm in "mid-obsession mode" does make it easier.

seedtick,

I can only hope you are right. Before the end of next month, I will be taking a little trip that might generate a little more interest in the Glades Skiff, both as a boat-type and to help keep it in the collective memory.

Other than that, I have a couple of more boats to build! :D

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL