Shake down Hot Air Perow
The Brazos River was calling me again.
I wanted to see how the perow handled the same conditions as
The Freedom had a couple weeks ago.
Unloaded at the boat ramp ,there was still plenty of mud ,
I managed to stay out of most of it.
Boat ramp is located in a shallow section with a lot of current
backed off the bank looked around headed up the river
I paddled up a couple miles and found a new sand bar and an island about 1/2 mile long
here's a few pics.
IM001512.jpg

IM001511.jpg

IM001508.jpg

IM001514.jpg

The island had been created in the last high water we had and will be a beautiful
place to camp fish and swim . It has it all gravel sloping bottom swimming area
a new hole that has been washed out on one side and beautiful white sand beach with
trees for shade. It doesn't get much better than that.
I was sopose to meet kim a the sand bar down the river so headed that way ,the
wind started picking up white capping a little played in the little waves adjusted
my seating a little so wind wasn't affecting boat as bad ,oh I had two small coolers
tackle box couple rods in the boat paddled over closer to the bank and noticed
dragon flies were breeding ,hundreds of them in compromising position sitting on the
branches and logs I tried to take a photo but there light blue color doesn't show very well
X rated pic

IM001517-1.jpg

Look in center of pic just to the left of the vine where it crosses the log.
Took off on down the river to the lower sand bar
IM001406.jpg

When I got to the bar I set up my rods and started fishing , a few minutes later Kim paddled up
I will let him fill in the fishing report. I couldn't spend the night so about dark headed back
up the river the wind had changed and I was bucking a really stiff head wind but the ole boat
did ok. Loaded up and headed in.
The boat preformed well is extremely stable the wind bothered it a little more than it did the Freedom
even loaded 2 inches of water was plenty and paddling up stream wasn't as good. for flat water are downriver
paddles this is the boat I will take. Distance paddled 5 miles up river and five miles down
Ron