Got a Pirogue sail in this weekend | SouthernPaddler.com

Got a Pirogue sail in this weekend

Jim Stumpf

Jan 22, 2004
We had a frostbite sail this Saturday on the Magadore reservoir just south of Akron Ohio. The lake is about 1000 acres with an island and some finger inlets. It was a good way to blow off the winter stink. It may warm hear in Ohio sometime this spring but it is currently in the 20's.

Here is a shot of me and what Chuck likes to call my decked sailing craft and not a Pirogue :D

http://byyb.org/pn/modules.php?op=modlo ... fullsize=1

Jim

A

Anonymous

Friend Jim,

Now thats what I wuz talkin' bout. I reckon its too cold up there fer plannn' a week long trip, but it looks like the sun come out 'n ya hit the lake. I reckon it wuz too cold fer campin' on that island?

Thats a mitey fine lookin' sailin' boat. I got a blue blazer. :wink:

regards,

bearridge
bodine yacht clud

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jim
Ya said. " Here is a shot of me and what Chuck likes to call my decked sailing craft and not a Pirogue."

By the way I have seen some decked pirogues down here and now I am just as confused as ever......... :lol: :lol: ...and to make matters worse they were in Louisiana, the birth place of swamp boats.

Great looking outfit.......
Chuck.

Jim Stumpf

Jan 22, 2004
Hey Jack I take offense to that jibe. I celebrated the twentieth aniversery of my twentieth birthday this year :D I think the boonie hat makes me look older. (ya thats it)

Decked Pirogues welcome to the 21st century its a brave new world.

Camping weather will be here soon and I can't wait.

Jim

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Jim Stumpf said:
Hey Jack I take offense to that jibe. I celebrated the twentieth anniversary of my twentieth birthday this year :D (SNIP)
SOOOoooo, Jim - did that make you 40? or 400? I've celebrated 46 aniversaries of that 20th.

When I hit 50, I also celebrated my 100th birthday. Each year, I go up one from 1 & down one from 100. When I get to 75, it'll be a double celebration and then I don't have to celebrate them anymore! Just blow out candles, eat cake, & take a nap.

A

Anonymous

Hey Swampy,

How much iz that in roman?

regards,

bearridge

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Them Floridia guys probably never used a hard water (ice) boat either. Parkas are required wear for sailing before and after summer up here; summer being the first week of July.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bears Buddy

Ya said ....Them Floridia guys probably never used a hard water (ice) boat either.

Everything in the South is .....SOFT... Our water, life, camping, paddling (year round) , friends and especially our women. That is why it is sweeter in the South and just laid back so a person can enjoy life. :D

The guys are hard and no one messes with them ... :wink: ...Cause we like our Southern Comfort ...Both the living and the liquid one...... not that scotch stuff ....... try a glass, but watch out it is soft with the kick of a mule and the fire of a volcano , just like the south.

Chuck.