Grilled Spuds | SouthernPaddler.com

Grilled Spuds

JEM

Was nice outside and I wanted to be out in it. Fired up the grill. I still have a charcoal Weber. Love the smell and the flavor.

Anyway... took some potatoes, washed and scrubbed the skins, and let dry. Turned them on their side and sliced length wise so I end up with about 1/4" thick flat chips. Put them in a cake pan and lightly coated with olive oil. Then added kosher salt, garlic powder, and some Italian seasonings. Seared the on both sides and then pushed to the edge of the grill to finish cooking through. Don't let them get too soft.

Served with ketchup and sour cream to dip in. Really simple to make. REALLY good to eat!

DeweyFord

Jul 1, 2011
When camping, we always put the spuds in aluminum fire and put them on the hot coals. Sometimes we chop up the spuds and put chopped onions and green peppers in with them along with some salt and pepper and other seasonings for taste. The moisture from the onions and peppers will usually keep the food from burning.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
DeweyFord said:
<SNIP> Sometimes we chop up the spuds and put chopped onions and green peppers in with them along with some salt and pepper and other seasonings for taste. The moisture from the onions and peppers will usually keep the food from burning.
A slice of onion on the grill under a hamburg works too. Another slice of onion on top tastes good too. (Lots of minced garlic mixed into the hamburg pattie just to satisfy Yakus Italiannicus.
If I'm cooking a pork or beef roast in the crockpot, I often line the pot with onion slices and then add the meat. JARVIS good eatin'!

hairymick01

We cut our spude like Matt, only we cook em on the grill plate with home made hamburger patties. :D

CMorelandPentax032.jpg