Guns? This guy don't need no stinkin' gun! | SouthernPaddler.com

Guns? This guy don't need no stinkin' gun!

Bilgerat

May 10, 2006
Texas!
www.bilgerat.net
Kayak Jack said:
Killing a rabbit with a cucumber was a once in a lifetime thing. Will never duplicate that.
I'm thinkin' we need to hear this story. :shock:

Unless, of course, it has already been told here. In that case a link would be nice. :)

Mike

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Story's kinda simple. After a couple weeks of vacation, weeds were rife in my garden. I worked onmy hands & knees for an hour or so; sweat in my eyes and hurtin' in my back.

Cucumbers had grown 10"-5" long and yellowed out. A scurvy rabbit hunched nearby, maybe 20'-25' feet off. He was waiting for me to leave so he could resume his free lunch.

I stood up and stretched my arms and back; wiped sweat out of my eyes. and told that wascally wabbit what I thought of him. He blinked, and stuck out a forepaw. Not all of his toes were extended.

I grabbed up one of the overgrown cucumbers and let fly, figuring to run him off. It hit him in the neck, and he rolled over. I recommenced weeding.

A while later, I realized he was till laying still. I figure that getting a rabbit with a cucumber HAS to be a Boone & Crockett record.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I figger there iz a age limit on records. Davy kilt hiz first bear when he wuz a little pardner. Geezers chunkin' overripe cucumbers jest aint likely ta draw Geraldo 'er Katie. But if the Save the Bunnies.org folks find out bout what he done, they mite send a heap a email, tryin' ta drown him with messages frum folks in Nigeria with their gold locked up down at the post office, little air heads callin' him a bunny killer 'n Okra Winfrey ads fer diet dope....which obviously dont work worth a dang.

regards
bearridge

ps. How do we know it iz the real Truthful Jack.....instead of a pod person who looks jest like him 'n acts jest like.......nevermind, we'll know, nobody frum any planet in the Milky Way kin make one of him....no matter how good they kin handle a pod.

Democracy is when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the rulers. Aristotle

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
This reminds me of another true story..........

in 1975 I was in Magnolia, AR working on the startup of a chemical plant. They were building another plant next to the one I was working on and one day a welder saw a deer walking along the railroad track close to where the welding area was. He picked up his hand, pointed with his index finger and said "Bang!". The deer jumped from the tracks and tripped on the limestone beside the track and broke his neck in the fall.

only feller i ever knew to kill a deer with his finger

Bilgerat

May 10, 2006
Texas!
www.bilgerat.net
About the same time as that, I was living just outside of Huntsville, Texas in a rental on the same property as the landlord. He had a 14 year-old son who like to roam the woods behind the house. (prison property, but we used to hunt it!)

One day, the landlord came by and asked if I could help his son get a deer out of the woods. I said OK and went with the boy to fetch the deer. Turns out, the boy was walking the top of a creek bank and saw the deer drinking below. The boy jumped on the deer and eventually drowned it! That was the first, and last, deer I ever packed out of the woods that didn't have a man-made hole in it. :shock:

Mike