Hairies 'girl loaded for two. | SouthernPaddler.com

Hairies 'girl loaded for two.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
couple of minor mods, to fish two from her.

girl.jpg

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Mick,

Been wonderin' what ya been up ta. Mitey fine job with that fish catchin' machine. :wink:

regards
bearridge

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time. James Thurber

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Mick

Great looking Swamp Girl and I see you like to do the same thing that I do, Modify it to your own personal needs and likes.
When I made the very 1st one, I modified it for my use and I thought Matt was going to shoot me, fortunately I live way out of his rifle range. :lol:

That serves two beneficial things, makes the boat the way you want it and drives Matt up a tree or makes him walk in circles talking to himself.

He should have never designed a boat for me that has so many ways to make (Modify) it for your own use and personal likes.
In my way of thinking that is what makes it such a good design and a darn good boat, might say it offers the best of both worlds. :D

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Thanks Guys, :lol: :lol:

I just LOVE this boat. My youngest daughter 15 Y.O.is staying with us for a while. need to do he mods so she could come fishin with me. She has put in an ordr for hr own 12 foot version. :D

Friends Bear & Buddy tis a fine fish catchin machine :D - a couple of recent piccies

Stephi's first bass

Stephy-lenthalls003Medium.jpg

Stephy-lenthalls010Medium.jpg

her first lure caught flathead

Stephy-Burrum015Medium.jpg

Matt, :lol: Only modified her a little bit. She handles the combined paddlers weight of aroung 350 pounds plus fishin gear like a dream. There were some very interested stink boat fishermen asking all sorts of questions about her. I have referred them to your site.

Jack, Why would I even conider such a thing? I'm having way too much fun with her. All my other very good boats are getting seriously neglected.
My 'girl is evolving all the time. There are some more mods in the pipeline.

skiabq

May 6, 2006
Albuquerque
That is a great looking boat, I like the mods. It makes me want to call in sick at work and take my canoe out for some fishing.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Thanks guys, :D She is causing a ripple of interest over here.

Bullhead, that fish is a dusky flathead. We call them lizards because of their appearance. They are an ambush predator, in that they lie on the bottom in the shallows along the edges of sandbanks and cover themselves with sand. When a likely small fish swims past they launch from cover at it. This makes them suckers for hard boady lures and well presented soft plastics. There are even hard core fly fishermen who target them.

They are highly prized here as a light gear sport fish and the flesh is a firm, sweet, white meat. They grow to about 10 to 15 pounds but the big ones are are all egg bearing females and most are released nowadays.