Hamburger Casserole | SouthernPaddler.com

Hamburger Casserole

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Guy's..........

I mentioned this in the Camping Section , Food Saver post, and had some folks asking about it so here you are.

Hamburger Casserole................

1... Take some rice and cook it about 9/10 done ....... set it aside.
 2.... Slice up a good (BIG) sweet onion into medium size pieces or smaller...set aside.
 3.... Cook up some hamburger .... Set aside.
The amounts of everything depends on how many hungry folks you have standing around but everything should be in about thirds or there abouts.
 4....Get a casserole dish, wipe it with some Crisco  or olive oil or bacon grease, my favorite.

5.... Now add the rice to the dish and a sprinkle of salt & pepper (not a lot) ......5A... cover that with the onion and if you want it sweater then sprinkle some sugar over it , not a lot, just a smidgen, along with a small sprinkling of Salt & Pepper.

(You can put some slivers of butter over the onions if you want to........ The butter along with the juice from the onions will go down and say Hello to the rice. )

6.... Add the hamburger to the dish and cover the hamburger with some finely chopped tomatoes, if you want to then add a thin cover of some good sharp cheddar cheese to the dish.

( This way the juice from the hamburger, tomatoes and cheese will be able to say Hello to everything and join the party with the onion juice, butter and rice.)

7......Add a little liquid to this I like to add some white wine it really tops it off.....About a three count , depending on how fast or slow you count......... Not a lot Bear .. :roll: .. just a small amount , the rest is for the cook. :wink:

8....Put it in a 350 oven for about an hour....................Just to get everything nice and hot and to let the flavors mingle

9.....EAT............

Chuck.

I am sure some thin sliced celery with the rice would be good ......... Then some thin sliced bell pepper with the onions ............. same for the garlic with the hanburger............

Jean

Casserole

Chuck,

That casserole sounds great. I love casseroles anyway. I do one where I make it like a pizza. Layer of cooked rice pressed down in greased dish, then pizza sauce, then layer of diced green peppers and onions, pepperoni sausage, and Mozzarella. Great Too. :wink:

Your wife is sure lucky that you not only like to cook, but you are a good cook :!:

Jean

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Re: Casserole

Jean said:
Chuck,

Your wife is sure lucky that you not only like to cook, but you are a good cook :!:

Jean

That might be why she keeps cussing at me about not losing any weight ...... NO not me ...HER.
All I hear from her when she gets home from her work is .......I'M HUNGRY.... :roll: Looks like our 40 years of marriage and my cooking has gone to her waste line "O"pps ..waist line and hips :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.
God ..... If she finds this post and reads it I am dead........ But then she would be thinner.

JEM

Re: Casserole

Jean said:
Chuck,

That casserole sounds great. I love casseroles anyway. I do one where I make it like a pizza. Layer of cooked rice pressed down in greased dish, then pizza sauce, then layer of diced green peppers and onions, pepperoni sausage, and Mozzarella. Great Too. :wink:

Jean

ok gonna need more specifics on that one. :eek: