Hamburgers & Onions with a twist. | SouthernPaddler.com

Hamburgers & Onions with a twist.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Tonight for supper it was hamburgers and onions ........ but in a different way.

Make the hamburger patties, about 4 inches by 1 inch thick or thicker. When you are making them add some chopped up apples in with the meat, add some onions and garlic also , not a lot.

Get a pan hot with some olive oil in it, brown each side of the patties and while you are doing that have a 2nd pan handy to saute the rest of the onions and garlic in..... when they are just about done add some sugar to brown them, salt and pepper to your taste.

Now add them to the hamburgers you are cooking along with a can of French Onion Soup........ Let the whole mess simmer to reduce down.

Cook up some rice and when the rice is done serve all of it together, the burgers on the side with the onions, garlic and onion soup mix over the rice.
Some apple sauce on the side does not hurt anything along with a big glass of ice tea and some french bread with garlic butter ( I make my own & heavy on the garlic ) :D .

The next one I am going to try is about the same but with noodles (Not Rice) and all of the stuff in the skillet when the meat is cooked the remove it and make a milk gravy to go over those noodles.

I am thinking about doing the hamburger as meat balls with the above mix in them but adding some of Pipers spices to really kick it up.

Chuck.

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Best Burger

Trim extra fat from Equal Parts of:
Chuck Steak cut into 1 inch chunks
and Sirloin Steak, cut into 1 chunks
salt minimum (to taste)

In small amounts, process chucks (equal parts Sirloin and Chuck) in a food processor or blender pulsing 10 times. Make patties around 1/3 lb each, but bun size (don't make 'em super flat & thin)
Heat favorite cast iron over medium-high heat. Flop the burger in 'da pan. Cook 4 minutes. For a more medium burger, cook 5 minutes. Flip. "Don't Squash the Darn thing". Leave the juices in it. Cook 4 more min. for an overall Med/Rare, or 5 min. for med. (cookin' any longer, might as well eat the Castiron :lol: ) Serve on a bun or roll, with a slice of 'mator. Sounds Simple, and it is... and simply awesome. I've burnt up 1 processor and 2 blenders....learned my lesson, now I use a meat grinder. Don't over condiment 'da darn thing either......da' burger don't need all that mayo, mustard & ketcup. Should be plenty juicey :lol: