HAPP NEW YEAR! | SouthernPaddler.com

HAPP NEW YEAR!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Aye golly, another year is about under our belts. Time to hang up a new calendar with different pictures. I made a new years resolution to stop procrastinating. And on about the first of April, or . . . maybe in May. . . I plan to begin to consider thinking of getting started! Maybe?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Well !!!! I'm doing my New Year thing. Took a big old Ham bone with lots of meat left on it and in the pot it went , it's cooking. I added a nice ( fat sweet ) Onion diced and a large hand full of diced Celery. Letting all of it simmer now that I removed all the ham from the bone. Just added a healthy portion of Black Eye Peas to cook with all the rest.
Later I'll add rice and when it's done then dish it up with some Corn bread on the side and sit back enjoying life.

Different stages , time in between is the cooks discretion..
1. Ham Bone in the pot to cook. ( Some Ham bullion )
2. Then some Onion and Celery.
3. De bone the meat and return the meat to the pot.
4. Next the Black Eye Peas.( I used frozen peas not the dried ones this time ) Wish , I had fresh ones.
5. last the Rice.

2021 is starting out tasting darn good. :);)

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
That’s a good sounding mix. Mixing a grain (rice) with a legume (black eyed peas) will let your body convert those two starchy foods into protein. Ham etc. (I didn’t see garlic mentioned! ) adds flavor and more nutrients.

I have have a bone-in ham that I’m eating from to get to the stage of yours. Then - I’ll introduce Mr.Ham to Miss Pinto Bean. JARVIS good eatin!!