Happy Thanksgiving Season | SouthernPaddler.com

Happy Thanksgiving Season

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I would like to wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving season. We all, each of us, have much to be thankful for. For a day, let's put aside our squabbling and complaining, and work to think happy thoughts. We have our health - or pieces of it, we have our freedom - or pieces of it, and we have each other - or at least, electronic pieces of us.

Here's to blue skies and clear waters, pancakes that rise and storms that don't. Here's to friendship, camaraderie, and good advice whispered in our ear by a trusted friend.

(raising glass of adult beverage here) HEAR!! HEAR!!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack, you hit the nail on the head , We need to be thankful for each and everyday , friends on here or in person. Our health or what is left that lets us wake up each morning and then to enjoy the sunset in the evening.

Raising my glass ........
To the good boats , The innovative ideas on how to make them , pleasant waters ( hopefully with the wind to our back when paddling ). Old dogs , tall trees , campfires and the smell of the smoke , all the friendly BS around the fire. Good beverages and meals shared together with the moon light illuminating the camp as everyone settles in for the night.

Most of all for all the folks on here who are more then willing to try new ideas , share those ideas and knowledge about all the activities we enjoy. That is a gift everyday for all of us that we need to be thankful for. Life is a learning and progressive action when you stop learning you stop living and on here we are full of life. :D

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
I have been privilege to meet some of the guys on here and paddle with them ,it has been a pleasure.
I have to say my life is better from being associated with this forum .
Ron

Steve

Happy Thanksgiving. . . .

To each and everyone . . .

After some up's 'n' down's, I have found much to be thankful for this year. . . being a member here is near the top of that list. . . .

Jack, I clink my glass of adult beverage with yours. . . Happy Thanksgiving, again, to all. . . .

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
As this year starts winding out it finds me doing very well. I fell better than I've felt all year. I am sorry to say that I.ve not smoked since the first part of Sept. I sure miss smokin as I enjoyed it very much and might smoke again tomorrow. But for right now I am not as it gives me a pain to give the Government any more money than I have to. It makes my Heart glad that my Friends have things that they can be thankful for. Bob

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
You gave up smoking Bob......I gave up paddling. Didn't wet a paddle the entire year. After going threw withdrawal...I don't miss it.Guess it's been too long. Maybe I'll take it up again when I retire.

After losing some friends in my age bracket this year....I'm thankful I'm still here. Hope y'all enjoy the day with family and friends. Have a good one!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldyaker said:
... After losing some friends in my age bracket this year....I'm thankful I'm still here. Hope y'all enjoy the day with family and friends. ...
Mayhaps the world's best observation and advice.

I don't regularly read obituaries, maybe 2-3 times a year. Can't help noticing ages of deceased younger than me, and keep thinking, "I'm on borrowed time here. I'm living part of someone else's Life."

And, I realize, "They probably wanted to relax, enjoy themselves, laugh a lot more, and have more fun before they left?" So, I pay the debt and do it for'em. So far, no one has written to thank me. But, I'm patient.

Paddlin'Gator

Feb 2, 2008
Tequesta, FL
oldyaker said:
I gave up paddling. Didn't wet a paddle the entire year. After going threw withdrawal...I don't miss it.Guess it's been too long. Maybe I'll take it up again when I retire.

Dang, Yak, it has been WAY TOO LONG if you don't even miss it! Could it be that your memory is fading? That's the only rational explanation :wink:

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Joe