Harvey | SouthernPaddler.com

Harvey

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Mike's house in Spring got water in it. I do not know how much but he is in his big new rv and is ok. I am high and dry with a total of about 29" of rain. My main ditch next to my house taps into a 10' X 10' storm drain that empties in to the Trinity River about a block and a half west of my house. We made poppers two days ago, Firecrackers yesterday, chocolate chip cookies today. Harvey needs to hurry up and leave before I get a lot fater. My taller okra has blown over but I'm hoping it will be ok. I just won't have to stretch to pick it.
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bob....

You guys are taking a beating but I do not have to tell you that. I'm was waiting for that pressure ridge to chase Harvey over this way. A person would think it would hit the ridge and then slide East but as long as it doesn't I am not complaining.

You are doing like we do when a storm hits . Light off the grill and eat.
Learned a long time ago , Hurricane season keep a good supply of water and can goods while letting the freezer get low.

The closest we ever had that might be close to yours in rain fall is when we had those four Hurricanes back to back ( Hurricane Charley, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne. ) but we did have a little break between them. They did not stay or hang around but just passed threw.