Heading out in the morning | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Heading out in the morning

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Thanks, Bilgerat. I see something new or unusual almost every time I go into the outdoors.

Yet another encounter, same trip. About 3:30 Saturday morning I was awakened by a large splash at the edge of the canal. At first I though it was a deer because it was such a loud commotion. A few seconds later I hear a sort of bleat, kind of a cross between a lamb and a small calf. I still thought it was a deer. There was an answering bleat from down the canal and then a response from the original location. It finally dawned on me that it was a bunch of nutrias calling to each other. It was quiet for a while so I figured - what the heck- so I did my best impersonation of their bleat. I got answer immediately. So I laid there in the dark in my sleeping bag and had a conversation with the nutrias for the next five minutes. Cool. 8) :)
100_0050.jpg

Joey

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
jdupre' said:
So I laid there in the dark in my sleeping bag and had a conversation with the nutrias for the next five minutes.
Friend Joey,

Better'n watchin' the tv. :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

Jake Spoon: A man that will talk to a pig ain't no better than a farmer.
Gus McCrae: I expected you to own a bank or at least a whorehouse by now Jake. It seems life has been a disappointment to both of us.
Jake Spoon: That might be so, but by God, I ain't never said a word to a pig.