Hell of a week | SouthernPaddler.com

Hell of a week

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Started Monday When my better half started having chest pains , Tuesday she had first surgery in Austin, Wed morning she crashed on them, another surgery on wedday , crashed that night again but not as bad ,thursday morning back in for another surgery ,pace maker this time.
Well brought her home today and she is doing fine.
We were at Seaton medical center in Austin ,and I am here to tell you that was the most awesome staff I have ever seen.
Ron
Anyway thats why I havent been doing my job on here :lol:
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Glad to hear she is doing OK and will get better as time passes. :D
It's a good thing that you got her there in time for them to correct everything. We are getting more folks on here that are wired and charged up for more miles.
"O" heck I forgot this is oldsparkeys forum , not calling her old , that's just for me but she could be a sparkey too. :lol: :lol:

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
Just getting over having my chest cracked open, myself.
Glad to hear she's home and doing well! :D
I've been involved in pacemaker implantation as an X-Ray Tech. It is a beautiful piece of technology!
Best Wishes to both of you.

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
ron sorry to hear of your excitement. glad she is doing better our thoughts and prayers are with you. i guess things like that comes with geezer dome aye? i aint looking foward to it either. :( take life one day at a time be thankful of every day of it. tell your loved ones you love them today . tommorrow may be too late. :cry:

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Man when it rains it pours, Got Sondra on the way back , T-V crashed ,well thats ok bought a new one, then big side by side refer crashed ,dam bought another one, then water goes out for two days , had that covered , then last night was walking in the kitchen hung a cabinet with the little toe , toe looked a little funny pointing out at a right angle from my foot , after pulling and twisting the toe back into place tapped it , x ray this morning Doc said I did a nice job of setting it , broke in two places :evil:
No use to buy a lottery ticket tonight. :shock:
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Funny how sometimes you look at things .
I woke up in a better mood this morning and had to laugh at the last couple weeks, and decided I should be thankful instead of down. Of course I am about Sondra who keeps improving every day , hasnt had to have oxegen in three days now.
The T-V was getting old and I wanted a flat screen and the things were on sale and dirt cheap , not the case a few months ago.
The reefer going out could have been much worse if it had gone out while we were in Austin for the week at the hosp, going out when we were here we lost no food and didnt have a mess to clean up. So if it had to go now was the time.
Lighting hitting the water plant and being with out water for two days really wasnt bad at all , I had plenty of rain water caught in rain barrels for flushing and showers and plenty of bottled water for cooking or drinking. I even rigged my solar shower up in the regular shower and we had showers every day , being prepared water ,http://www.southernpaddler.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9407
had us in good shape in that area.
The doctor that x rayed my foot and told me my toe was broke in two places gave me a good laugh,
After asking me what my toe looked like after hanging it and what I did , I told him it was at a right angle to my foot and that I pulled and moved it several times till it lined back up and then taped it.
He made a wise crack about me just borrowing his x ray to check my work, said both breaks were set straight and taping and wearing a boot for the next six weeks was as good as he could do :lol:
The said this is probabably a stupid question after you setting it on your own but do you want some pain meds ,I laughed and told him I thought I could make it with out them
So I guess the last couple weeks havent been perfect but they sure could have been worse ,I guess we need to count our blessing every day.
Ron

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Hey Ron glad to hear Sondra is on the improve. Look after her 'cos someone's gotta be around to keep a constant eye on you. You probly shoulda left the toe bent, it woulda matched your thumb. :twisted:
We had one of them weeks last week. Just paid out $5k on a holiday which left us way low on funds, within three days the dishwasher and hotwater system died, car played up a coupla hundred $ worth and my new glasses arrived with the lenses in the wrong sides. They're ok if I wear them upside down though :roll:
Cheers John.
P.s actually that doesn't even qualify as a hell of a week, seems to be the norm around here