Help for the non tech geezers

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Paddlin'Gator said:
oldyaker said:
Paddlin'Gator said:
Are there settings buried someplace that I might have screwed up?

Don't think so P-Gator.....I just tapped the quote in the upper right hand corner of the message you just typed. I than typed this message below it and this is what you see. I'm becoming suspicious of your Bill Gates Window browser....Or do you have something else?

Just hit quote this time and don't delete anything from the message.

I click on "quote in the corner, added this sentence and will click "preview" then "submit".

I use Mozilla, not IE.

If you are quoting two people then there quotes have to be there for both to make it work. The [ quote ] has to be there so the computer knows you are quoting that person.

When doing one person then the [ quote ] there name and message .... then the [ quote ] and it will work. Between the [ quote ] you can remove anything that does not pertain to what you are answering. Just DON'T remove the [ quote ] and you will be OK.

I highlight what I want to get rid of and backspace it which makes the highlighted section vanish.

When I do it I check by hitting the Preview button to make sure it did what I wanted . then skipping down a space add my message... preview and if I'm happy with it ... Submit.

Works the same for me on Inter Exp or FireFox.

OK... I know it is as clear as mud but that is the best I can do. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I add the smiles after something is typed then I have to copy and paste or move ( click and drag ) them to where I want them ... As I type things and enter them , no problem. :wink:

Chuck.

Paddlin'Gator

Feb 2, 2008
Tequesta, FL
oldyaker said:
Do you still have IE? If you you do, open that browser up and get on SP....Than try quoting from the forum again. We'll play with this to work it out.

This is with IE.

Maybe we can figure this out next year. HAPPY NEW YEAR :D :D :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Joe.....

1.....Take this message and go up in the upper right corner ... hit the quote and pull it up on your screen.....

2....... Now backspace over this or highlight this section and hit backspace when it is highlighted to remove it , including the bold markings at each end..and the # 2

3...... Do Not remove any of the [ quote ] at either end which will be in front of your name and after mine at the bottom. This is one reason I spaced things out. Then hit preview and see what happen. :D

You should only have #2 missing.

Chuck.

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
Joe, go to the top of the page and open your profile. Make sure that "Always allow BBCode" is checked Yes and hit submit at the bottom of that page and then try it again. Also under the box where you compose the message should not have a check before "Disable BBCode in this post".

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jimmy W said:
Joe, go to the top of the page and open your profile. Make sure that "Always allow BBCode" is checked Yes and hit submit at the bottom of that page and then try it again. Also under the box where you compose the message should not have a check before "Disable BBCode in this post".

Joe , you had it ( BBCode) off so I turned it on for you. :D

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Glad it worked out P-Gator! There are 608 members and at least 700 are smarter than I am am.......I'm just glad I could sucker them into helping out! :wink:

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
oldyaker said:
Before I leave for a short while.....I just remember a problem I have with Mozilla. I have to add emoticons as I type my message. If I wait until I'm done typing a message, the emoticons always appear at the end of the message......I can't add them in between sentences. This does not happen when I use IE. Maybe you are having a similar Mozilla problem in a different way?

Mozilla does that on mine too.