Hi, everyone! | SouthernPaddler.com

Hi, everyone!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
OK, I have to warn you, Owen. Some of these twerps on here will try to pull your leg with fish stories, tales of canoes thst cruise at 15 mph, large stags that walk up aand impale themselves on your arrow, etc. I tell the truth. Because, over 200 years ago, Cap'n Merriwether taught me to be honest. And I have been ever since.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Owen...
Welcome to southernpaddler and I'm sure you have figured out about 90% of us on here are mental cases but we do have more fun then anyone else.

OK , getting serious ..........
Don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have , all of us have been in the same shoes you are in by starting to build a wood boat for your pleasure and satisfaction. My worst decision was trying to figure out which boat I wanted to make , everything from there was simple ..... I made a lot of them.
Just like a lot of the folks on here have done.

I like to tell folks that the worst question there is , is the one they do not ask. Remember we have been there , done that , made the mistakes and are willing to pass on that knowledge to keep anyone else from making the same mistake or mistakes we made. "O" don't worry , you will make some mistakes since it is guaranteed as a part of the learning process.

Chuck.