Holiday Eats | SouthernPaddler.com

Holiday Eats

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Being a very conscientious eater (I seem to do pretty good at this pastime) I remembered that we are supposed to "eat a rainbow". Meaning, eat a variety of foods of many colors.

Red: raspberry pie, strawberry shortcake, cheesecake with maraschino cherries, cinnamon candies, rhubarb pie, red velvet cake, etc.

Blue: blueberry pie, blueberry pie, blueberry pie, blueberry pie, blueberry pie, blueberry pie, etc.

Brown: Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate, beef, Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate, whole wheat bread (had to get something healthy worked in there), Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate, bacon & ham (some of Piper San's), Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate, roast pork, Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate, apple pie, Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate, mincemeat pie, Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate, chocolate pie, Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate, fried chicken, Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate, etc.

Yellow: squash, sweet potatoes, yams (if you can tell the difference), butter, stolon bread, oranges, etc.

White: gritz, limestone, concrete, cuttlefish bones

So, fellow paddlers - DIG IN!

JEM

I wanted to do some steaks and shrimp for Christmas dinner. But the in laws are coming and mom-in-law fussed that she wanted a traditional turkey dinner. So we'll save the steaks for New Years.

But now this also means turkey chili for Sunday night! :D

WDfrmTN

JEM said:
I wanted to do some steaks and shrimp for Christmas dinner. But the in laws are coming and mom-in-law fussed that she wanted a traditional turkey dinner. So we'll save the steaks for New Years.

But now this also means turkey chili for Sunday night! :D
BIL did some killer prime rib & roast! Somehow my pants always shrink at the waistline during Christmas.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
WDfrmTN said:
BIL did some killer prime rib & roast! Somehow my pants always shrink at the waistline during Christmas.

Trying to hold a positive thought here and I keep telling myself the shrinking waistline on the slacks is because I am tucking in more then one shirt to stay warm. :lol: :roll:

Having some left over spiral cut Honey Roasted Ham fried up with some eggs and grits on the side in the morning , Yep , Back on a diet............ NOT .