Home made hammock | Page 4 | SouthernPaddler.com

Home made hammock

Too Busy

Apr 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
The hammock sleeps great. I'll probably re-tie it one more time to get just the right amount of material in the "W", but for 5 bucks I really can't complain.

My son says he can't lie on his stomach, so I need to add a couple of guy out lines like the HH

Too Busy

Apr 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
Thanks for the compliment. I've always enjoyed tinkering so building boats, restoring cars, making my own gear,... it all fulfills my need to work with my hands.

My parents used to repair pretty much anything that broke. Their thinking was "It's broke now, so I can't make it worse." :wink:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I wish you lived closer, Too Busy. I'd like to meet you.

I already met Dorazio (Old Yakus Earwaxicus) from Pennsylvania, and that about ruint my whole Life. Piper San, Joey Dupre', Seedtick, Keith, Russel, and Ronnie Smith finished the job.

Mebbe you could make up for damage they already inflicted.

Too Busy

Apr 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
I get up to Michigan more often than I'd like because of work. Our office is in Rochester Hills. I'll give you a shout next time I head up to the frozen tundra.

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Too Busy, made a little trip to WalMart myself today. Bought 3.5 yards of some rip stop nylon ( didn't list the weight ) for the ungodly sum of $5.25. Didn't even bother to hem it up-- just whipped the ends and tied it up using some 1" webbing and tried it out. One end started to slip some when I put a little weight on it so I re-wrapped it.

It is pretty dang comfy. Plenty of room to move around. I see what y'all mean by lying diagonally to lay flatter. I'll get my wife to hem the material and I'll re-tie the hammock. Looks like it will be a permenant part of my camping equipment.

Joey

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
jdupre' said:
Too Busy, made a little trip to WalMart myself today. Bought 3.5 yards of some rip stop nylon ( didn't list the weight ) for the ungodly sum of $5.25. Didn't even bother to hem it up-- just whipped the ends and tied it up using some 1" webbing and tried it out. One end started to slip some when I put a little weight on it so I re-wrapped it.

It is pretty dang comfy. Plenty of room to move around. I see what y'all mean by lying diagonally to lay flatter. I'll get my wife to hem the material and I'll re-tie the hammock. Looks like it will be a permenant part of my camping equipment.

Joey

Leave it to a Cajun to spend so much for something when he could make it for less. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joey... Ya might want to post some directions and pictures so anyone else could do the same.

Chuck.