Homemade Bow | SouthernPaddler.com

Homemade Bow

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
I know I'm just a pathetic Paw Paw but I wanted to post my Grandson's homemade bow. It has been a long time since I crafted one of these so it might not be up to the high quality of work usually displayed here. :wink: Please forgive. He was proud of it.
IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

I did use some modern materials and yet was able to preserve a primitive look. Note the use of cotton twin and the masking tape hand grip. :roll:

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Maw Maw takes care of candy distribution. Grandkids don't need no holiday to get a Hershey ' bar around our house. :wink: :lol:

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Piper I will call you about the class. Is the bow made to match the height of the shooter or is it that it just can't be too long? Do you make the strings, or do you know where to buy them? I have two recurves that need strings.

Jack I know you really want that candy , but being disrespectful :wink: won't help. The grandkids usually get the candy, but I will share my viennas. :lol:

beekeeper

islandpiper

Plain viennas are a poor way to use the prime ingredient of SOUTHERN SOOOSHEE.

I make strings and you can , too. Simple process (after you've made a half dozen). If we make the bow to his height, he can lift and shoot it, and it will last him a while. Pull weight depends on the bowyer, and of course, the desire and strength of the shooter. There's lots of "home bowyers" here in this forum, so expect that any question you might ask will merit about ten conflicting answers.

piper