Homemade Herbs de Provence....... | SouthernPaddler.com

Homemade Herbs de Provence.......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
This was in the recipe section of the paper about doing Pizzas at home..... I figured it would be good for a lot of other dishes and wanted to save it.

Chuck......
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
Homemade Herbs de Provence.......

Combine......
1 teaspoon of each of the following.........

Dried Rosemary
Thyme
Oregano
Basil
Sage and /or Marjoram with 1/4 teaspoon dried lavender. ( Located in the spice section at the store )

Store tightly covered , in a cool , dark place.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Not sure how it would be , but out camping ( or at home ) that should add some zest to the chow. Like a little in some ground beef (or Turkey) for burgers. I do like to add chopped onions to the meat when I make the patties. With a little of this they might taste like a Pizza Burger that way.

Then there is the chicken and all the rest it can be used on .... Like I said , have not tried it but will.
I do a Parmesan cheese and bread crumb coating with Dijon mustard on the chicken breasts in the oven that is quite tasty .... this might add some extra zest to them. :D

As they say ... Cooking is nothing more then some imagination and good taste.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I like spices in foods; second best thing in the whole world to eat. This sounds like a good packet.

I always carry garlic, basil, garlic, oregano, garlic, cumin, garlic, curry, and some garlic. Also, a couple onions. Yakus Seasonicus brings so many spices he leaves a ring around the lake after he goes swimming.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Kayak Jack said:
I like spices in foods; second best thing in the whole world to eat. This sounds like a good packet.

I always carry garlic, basil, garlic, oregano, garlic, cumin, garlic, curry, and some garlic. Also, a couple onions. Yakus Seasonicus brings so many spices he leaves a ring around the lake after he goes swimming.

It'll take a few boxes of Dago Red to remove the ring Jack....... But if your there, there ain't nuff for anyone else. :(