Hot Air Perow Launch | SouthernPaddler.com

Hot Air Perow Launch

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Well it is time to see if this boat is firewood are a boat.
IM001434.jpg

I like the way she floats front and back just clearing the water empty floating in an inch of water

IM001427.jpg

flat bottom is realy easy to get in and out of and I was really surprised at how lively she was and away we go looks like she is drafting about two inches of water with my 215 lbs in her

IM001435.jpg

IM001464.jpg

This little boat will move got after it for a minute and had white water coming of off the bow and she will still turn on a dime.
IM001489.jpg

IM001475-1.jpg

Oh yea before anyone ask heres my pfd
IM001480.jpg

Chad this is just for you
IM001456.jpg

IM001458.jpg

IM001457.jpg

Can you see me smiling I am very pleased with the boat I think shes a keeper
with the tumble homes she is realy dry even when you stand the paddles up and dig had a little nose wobble but not sure if I need a keel need to paddle it some more

THe 0001 HOT AIR PEROWW
IM001497.jpg

Ron

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Hey Ron
I'm not gonna pretend I love the shape of that boat. It doesn't matter though 'cos it's your boat and suitable for what you want. What has me fascinated is that that glossy surface of your boat and that particular lighting should show up lots of imperfections in the finish and along the linesl. Am buggered if I could find one. I like your work ! :)

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
tx river rat said:
Chad this is just for you
IM001456.jpg
Friend Ron,

I jest knew ya wuz bout ta turn it bottom upwards.....on purpose. :wink: Good lookin' boat. I reckon yer likely ta sign up fer the Brazos River Race next spring?

respectfully
bearridge

I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow.  You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less.  Gus McCrae

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Zeb
Ya I am going to try bowfishing out of her
John I know the design is different but she was built for my special needs
Light, floatation built in, low wind signature, reasonably fast, storage for my other vices (fishing and bowfishing) no knuckle busting on the sides and flat bottom for skinny water and the ability to put another seat in her and use it as a tandem this list led to the shape and looks of this boat a little canoe a little kayak and some perow and believe me there are bad spots on this boat.
thanks for all the comments guys
Ron

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
I love it!

My first thought was, "Wow! A white-water Pirogue!"

I can see where this might cause someone who's more of a traditionalist to take a step back, but I see it as kind of the ultimate fishing Pirogue.

Nicely done!

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
FlaMike said:
I love it!

My first thought was, "Wow! A white-water Pirogue!"

I can see where this might cause someone who's more of a traditionalist to take a step back, but I see it as kind of the ultimate fishing Pirogue.

Nicely done!

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

I'm sure a lot of you won't remember this type of boat since they were used a long time ago.
The pirogue (looking at the pictures) sort of reminds me of a watercraft that the duck hunters loved and used a lot , it was called a Sneak Boat.

They were one of the best boats for duck hunting , would go anywhere and you could sneak up on the ducks with one of them. Some of the old timers would mount a 10 or 8 ga shotgun on the bow for shooting ducks. This was rather unsporting but it was back in the market hunters days with no restrictions or laws about shooting waterfowl. Fact ... is that a lot of folks made a living doing that type of duck hunting.

One report I was reading about the Market hunters , this guy has a sense of humor , he said that when he would shoot the 8 ga from the bow of the boat the boat would scoot backwards quite a distance. Remember the guns were mounted on the boat.

tx river rat has a very traditional boat. :D OK, history class is over back to recess or lunch.

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chuck
I remember seeing those sneak boats now that you mention it There is a resemblance. Mike I am not a Traditionalist as you can tell from the big cockpit on my Freedom to the plastic seat in my boats and this boat I have specific things I want to do and try to build to that.The Freedom was built for long trips and I used Poly and fiberglass not epoxy one reason was that I could throw in a patch kit little cloth and sand paper if I have a problem can mix it hot have it back in water in two hours where epoxy would take a day just the weird way I think I guess
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
tx river rat said:
Chuck
I remember seeing those sneak boats now that you mention it There is a resemblance.
Ron

That does it , No more me being the nice guy , I was not going to say this but since you brought it up by remembering those sneak boats. :roll:

Her Yae , Her Yae...This official meeting of southernpaddler will come to order. All be seated , please.

1st item and the only item on the agenda is...........
I nominate tx river rat and Hot Air Peroww # 0001 for official geezerdom. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK , The moment ya all is waiting for is here ...The votes were totaled and since the vote was unanimous we will adjourn to the Swine and Swill to celebrate his membership , someone help the guest of honor up so he can be there since I saw one of you put epoxy in his chair. :oops:

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
MERCY MERCY I accept the dubious honor oh mighty geezer potin tate
Figure I be qualified I got the pot gut and keep my teeth in a jar look
now we talking about opening the bar somebody better help me get loose from this chair or I going to drop my pants and y'all don't want that happening.
Ron
AKA tx river rat

FlaMike

Jun 20, 2007
Spring Hill, FL
www.ptponds.com
Sorry about that poxy-chair thing, there Ron! :oops:

It's just that you said you carried glass cloth and the poly-stuff for quick repairs and I just wanted to demonstrate that the "fast" hardener stuff from Raka really IS fast! :D

In my summer heated garage, it kicks off just about as fast as you can mix it. :shock:

Just cut the legs off that chair and get on in there!! :lol:

Mike S.
Spring Hill, FL

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Hey Ron, I just got home from vacation and was catching up here. That boat came out great and just as you promised she's stable as well. Way to go, I appreciate the pics of you standing in her and have obtained a much better relationship with my boat as well and have even stood up in her a few times. I took yours and all the others advice and got wet one day figuring out were the sweet spot was. 8)

Thanks for sharing the new boat and hope she provides many hour of enjoyment.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Today I finally put the hot air in tandem form My son In Law and I weigh 430 total it handled us with ease and also my grand daughter and derrick paddled it tandem.
All worked good.
IM001846.jpg

Ron