2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika(use the real stuff)
1/2 tsp dry mustard
Dash of cayenne pepper
1/4 cup cold water
2 Tbsp flour

Cook and stir beef, onion and garlic in Crisco until beef is browned;drain.After meat is browned, cut into 1-inch cubes(cutting after cooking reduces shrinkage).
Stir in 1-1/2 cups water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar,salt,paprika, dry mustard and cayenne. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat.Cover and simmer until beef is tender, 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Shake 1/4 cup cold water and the flour in a jar with a lid; stir in gradually into beef mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
Cook and stir 1 minute, Serve hot over noodles egg or kluski noodles.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Very very similar to the one I make Mike, I never thought of using brown sugar and I use more ketchup so I have alot of gravy. I also saute the meat in butter, not Crisco.
I ladle the stuff over a heaping batch of mashed potatos that I whip garlic and butter into. STICK TO YOUR RIBS STUFF, HUH!
Sometimes Kahuna, I think you and I live in parallel worlds..........

(There is nothing wrong with your television set, do not attempt to adjust your dial, you have just entered the Twilight Zone...) :shock:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Kayak Jack said:
Kahuna & Oldyaker - two freight trains, passing in the night

Yep, only the the 1st one is head'n out to run the main line and the latter is head'n in for the scrappers torch...
Casey Jones

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Butter,oleo,crisco,lard.olive oil

Yep....two peas in a pod :lol: I use whatever kind of oil I grab. :lol: I use brown sugat allot in things rather than white sugar. When I make anything with sauerkraut I also use BROWN SUGAR....etc...etc.....Kahuna
oldyaker said:
Very very similar to the one I make Mike, I never thought of using brown sugar and I use more ketchup so I have alot of gravy. I also saute the meat in butter, not Crisco.
I ladle the stuff over a heaping batch of mashed potatos that I whip garlic and butter into. STICK TO YOUR RIBS STUFF, HUH!
Sometimes Kahuna, I think you and I live in parallel worlds..........

(There is nothing wrong with your television set, do not attempt to adjust your dial, you have just entered the Twilight Zone...) :shock: