Hunting Island | SouthernPaddler.com

Hunting Island

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Going camping this weekend :D Heading to Hunting Island S.C. 8) Not taking the Pirouge on this trip but plan on doing my best to catch some fish! Hope to have a good report when I get back.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Check out how the camping and paddling would be there and let us know! Catch lots a fish!

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Oldyaker, Been there a couple of times and the camping is great. I'm new to the paddling thing but it seems like it is a great place. There is a lagoon to paddle with good fishing and marsh areas all around. The campground is right next to the ocean with several sites along the beach. There is also a pier to fish from in the park, and its free :D Gotta bolt your coolers down though, the coons might carry them home :lol:

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
We had a great trip. It rained the whole way down but cleared up when we got there. After the rain moved out the wind picked up which made fishing tough. We tried the pier Friday afternoon with no luck. It was a little chilly that night so we sat around the fire and told true stories only :D Saturday was a beautiful day so we fished the lagoon, again with no luck, so it was of to the beach. We had lines in the surf to make it look like we were fishing but really just told more of those tales of past fishing trips. That night it was back to the pier for one more try. Finally some luck, we pulled in eight nice sharks. We didn't catch a lot but all agreed that it was really some relaxation we were after anyway.

Hunting Island is a beautiful place. If you are ever looking for a place to go in that area the camping is hard to beat.

1249shark-med.jpg

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Sheetsrep

PUHLEEEEEZEEEEE tell me you bled 'em out all proper like and readied them for a feast of a meal......PUHLEEEEEEZZZEEEEEEEEEE. :D :D

They's just hte right size for the barbeque! I loves my sharkies...... :D :D :D :shock:

Steve

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
sheena's dad said:
Sheetsrep

PUHLEEEEEZEEEEE tell me you bled 'em out all proper like and readied them for a feast of a meal......PUHLEEEEEEZZZEEEEEEEEEE. :D :D

They's just hte right size for the barbeque! I loves my sharkies...... :D :D :D :shock:

Steve

I heard you had to do it a certain way and was not sure how :( Maybe you can give me a lesson on that and next time I will be sure to come home with some steaks 8)

sheena's dad

Oct 30, 2006
Moscow, Idaho
Wannabe......yeah i do.

Sheetsrep.....I'll post a how to and a couple of recipes this weekend in the Recipes section. Done right, you cain't beat it.

Steve

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Wannabe said:
Dad,
If you like shark you probally love stingray wings.
Bob

When it was legal to do it , down in the 10,000 islands area I would take a bow and fish arrow with me when fishing. I would spot a leopard ray swimming and get him with the bow.
When in the boat then skin the wings back and punch out scallop size chunks of the wings.

You could not tell the difference between them and scallops when cooked. :D

Chuck.