I am still kicking | SouthernPaddler.com

I am still kicking

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
been really busy. doing some traveling, moved, cashing a few females . lol
Darrel and i are building a pair of small airboats.
Is most of the old crew around
?
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The sled, is coming along pretty good. Naturally it helps to build a metal Air Boat if you have the metal working tools and skills.

It would be something for me to make but with hand saws for wood it might take to many years and saws to complete. Not sure if the seams on mine would hold up with just gorilla tape over them.

Back to your project ... What will be the power source for it and the size prop you plan on using ?

The one I ran for the Sheriffs Dept was a 0-540 engine , fuel injected and a 72 inch prop. Darn thing would only drink Av-Gas. Take it out on a patrol and stop at the airport to fuel it up before calling it a night. , Fortunately I did not have to pay for the gas out of my pocket.

A lot of the old timers are sitting on the sidelines now days. There are a few posting and the rest are around and heard from now and then.
I get a email from Crazy old Bear now and then so I know he is upright and still kicking.

Chuck.

oldbuffpilot

May 13, 2014
Central Kansas and Central Texas
Ron, Good to know you're still out there. We are back in Georgetown for a while. Wife is through with treatments, but we will hang out in Texas for a while. I thought about you a few weeks ago as I made a quick pass though Marlin on my way to Louisiana. I'm going to need some advice about cutting down the wind signature on a TV 15 32.
Good to hear from you,
Andy

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chuck i had an 8 by 20 with 600 hp engine ,a mile to a gallon.Pheww couldnt aford to run it. Been thinking about this build for awhile. Using a 22 hp motor ,three blade 42 in ultra prop. it will get up and scoot. Fuel milage should be better than 10 miles to the gallon. Building out of metal was easy after doing that kind of work for 50 years. Oh tell Bear i said hello
Andy thought about you couple weeks ago ,I was in Roundrock looking at a truck camper. If i can help anyway on your tv just holler.
Bob give me a call my phone crashed so i lost yur nu . Hope your doing ok.
Ron