InstaPizza. | SouthernPaddler.com

InstaPizza.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The May 2015 Backpacker had this recipe in it for InstaPizza when out camping.

For one..............
1 Fajita - sized tortilla
1 -3 Tbsp Pizza Sauce. ( pack in a small plastic container ; less means a crisper crust )
1/4 cup Italian blend shredded cheese.

Spread the sauce over the tortilla and place in a lightly oiled non - stick skillet over a med - low heat. Sprinkle with cheese and cover.
Cook until cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisped on the bottom , about 90 seconds.

I would have to add some sliced peperoni or sliced summer sausage but that is just me. :D

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
And - if I would like it to taste like pizza - some oregano.

I use this on Chicken when I bake it in the oven..........Should kick up that pizza also.

McCormick Perfect pinch Italian Seasoning.

Marjoram , Thyme , Rosemary , Savory , Sage , Oregano and Basil.

5210000534_475x257.ashx

Plus a little extra Oregano and Thyme does not hurt a darn thing. I like about 1/2 teaspoon of each and I put it in a ceramic bowl and mash it with the back side of a spoon to break it up.
It makes a good seasoning for just about everything and a little goes a long way.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Similar to this camp recipe, are casadillas. Two flour tortillas, chopped onions & peppers, cheese (hard cheddar works well) cut into long chunks the size of your little finger. Have the fixings ready.
Heat two tortillas at a time in an ungreased frying pan, turn them over. Lift one tortilla aside. Build a cheese "perimeter fence" on the tortilla in the pan; spread fixings around indide the enclosure. Lay second tortilla on top.
When cheese starts to ooze out, remove the assembly to your plate and eat it.

Lots of variations possible here. Part of the technique, though, is that cheese fence to hold in the goodies. Salsa, Tabasco, garlic, hot peppers, refried beans, etc. These could easily morph back and forth between Italian and Mexican, and back again

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
That's what was going threw my mind on the pizza , make two and have a pizza sandwich.
It appears any recipe like these mentioned is only limited to the imagination of the person. :D
BINGO! Mushrooms and black olives come to mind. (Probably not peanut butter?)