Insurance rip off[of insurance cos.] rant | SouthernPaddler.com

Insurance rip off[of insurance cos.] rant

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
Just in case y'all were wondering why auto insurance is so high.

We were driving along when an out of state vech. doing about 30 mph over the speed limit threw a rock up and put a chip in the windshield. A call to the ins. co. and an appointment was made for a 3rd world min. wage teenager to come fix it.

3 drops of resin later, the insurance co. was charged $60.00 for the fix.

I asked how much it would cost me to call and have him come out. He stated

"QUOTE" If you call, it will cost $30.00 for the first chip and $10.00 for each additional.

For the insurance co. it is $60.00 for the first and $30.00 each additional. :evil:

No wonder insurance rates are so high.

dawallace45

I asked my repairers that did the smash repairs on my car recently if they had a different rate for insurance over cash and they said yes , they had to , insurance meant a shit load of paper work , lots of waiting for approvals and then a long wait for payment

David

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Same thing here when I had a small chip in the windshield of the Jeep..... Contacted the insurance company and asked them about it ....
No problem .... Get it fixed and send us the bill. :D

The guy came out and I asked him what the cost was if I paid for it....... Then the cost if the insurance payed for it :shock: :shock: so I told him we would skip the paper work and I would pay him with little green pieces of paper caller MONEY.

Had it fixed / repaired and then went to the insurance co and told them I covered the cost so it would not be listed on my record with them , which in turn could of increased my insurance premiums. They said it would not increase my insurance but any claim is filed and I did not want that for something so minor.

You can bet they do not take a loss in any form or fashion but pass it on to the consumer in the long run.