Intro and a couple ?? | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Intro and a couple ??

funbun

Sep 11, 2007
Alabama
Here is another option: outrig the boat like a a pacific island canoe then make a box transom out of 3/4 inch plywood and mount the trolling motor and transom on the aft crossbeam.

Look at the very last picture on the bottom of the following page:
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/garyd/outboard.html

IMO, I like this option best because everything is removable, thus more adaptable for whatever situation you need. You get the added stability of the outrigger, extra storage on the crossbeams, extra mounting space for depth finders, anchors, tie off points, compasses, GPS and whatever else you need. Then if you want to fish small waters just leave all that crap at home and just go with the main hull.

That's how I plan to use my pirogue. I'll try and get picture up once I finish the ama (outrigger float).

A

Anonymous

I have decided to build the first boat as per plans so you old girls can stop yer bickerin. The second boat will have a transom and I'm not gonna listen to any of ya :wink: :wink: :wink:

JEM

Bellybuster said:
I have decided to build the first boat as per plans so you old girls can stop yer bickerin. The second boat will have a transom and I'm not gonna listen to any of ya :wink: :wink: :wink:

Another victory for Chuck. :lol:

I stayed out of this one because I didn't have much to add beyond what was initially said. But the best way I've found is to build per plans on the first, then get brave on the following ones.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
Aw man, belly buster

You've taken all the fun out of this thread.

Boat building is kind of like religion. There's many ways to go about it but MY way is better

funbun

Sep 11, 2007
Alabama
Yah seed, I just found that out when Jack let me know what he thought of painting a wooden boat, lol.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Part of the charm of the forum, is an exchange of advice and random goosing coming from several countries and areas. Damned few other places where you can get your arse poked by so many guys from so many locations in so many ways in such a short time.

... and then be given a recipe for the local foods.

Reactions: FrankAS

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Painting a wooden boat is like putting a corset and hoop skirt on a beautiful woman. You can still see some fine lines of design, but most of the best details are blurred and out of focus.

Kinda like buying a tide chart for Chuckie - sort of a waste.

Reactions: FrankAS