It aint gwine ta be long now...... | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

It aint gwine ta be long now......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack

I thought you told me you liked Ellen Degenerate as much as you liked Jane Fonda and Cliff , if you close your eyes they sound the same. :?

What is this world coming to? I am losing all faith in humanity. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck. ( Opening a whole new bag of worms and I know I will hate myself for it)

michstripcanoe

Sep 10, 2003
Oscoda, michigan
Draino: Sorry you didn't fill your turkey tag. Hopefully next year. My tag starts next week. I have been watching 8 turkeys (sometimes 10) wander all over my fields and still haven't seen a big tom. A friend of mine got his Friday. Got a new slate caller, stepped out of his car-tried it out and wouldn't you know he got a response while standing by his car. Hurried into the woods, called a few times and ole tom ran straight to his decoy and bammm. He wasn't in the woods more than 20 minutes, and back home ten minutes later. Wasn't gone from home more than 40 minutes. Not my kind of luck but that's the way it goes for some guys---sometimes. Sounds like you saved some of the trout for me up there too. That's good cause I'll be heading up to the Au Sable soon to give it my best try.
Al Dasen.

Banoe

Apr 4, 2004
Southeastern Pa.
I start getting excited about the next trip on the way home from this one. Went striper fishing on the flats friday, paddleing on the Sassafrass on sat. trout fishing last sat. for opening day in Pa. Planning on going either shad fishing on the Delaware or striper fishing in MD. on sat. Just can't get enough boatin and fishin. Soon it will be warm and dry enough for some campin just can't wait. Don't hunt but I have seen some turkeys struttin last week in Pa.

Michstripcanoe how do you make your paddles I've been looking to make one can you give me any info on how to make them.

If you give a man a fish he will eat for a day.
If you teach a man to fish he will be gone every weekend.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Dranio

You should have been down here last Sunday with me. I was walking back into the area to check the water level of a lake. Just easing along down an old road that was over grown with weeds , I noticed some turkey tracks or scratching and almost got ran over by a turkey. It was a hen but a good size one.

I don't know who was the most surprised the turkey or me, I was not expecting to almost be run over by her. Needless to say it did pick up my day and next year I just might have to be in that area with a firearm.

Leave it to me I did not even have a fishing rod with me.... Just a day out exploring. The lake is still good looking but we do need some rain. :D

Chuck.

draino

Jan 27, 2004
St. Clair Shores, MI.
Ya know from the road turkeys look pretty cool but, ya get too close to em and dang they are one ugly critter, funny how if ya aint an outdoors person youd never know."Maybe gators too". Anyways, once ya strip off the feathers,fur,fins and whatnot they all are pretty darn good eats.
draino