Forest Ville.

respectfully,

bearridge
bodine bocce ball & wine sippin' high society

In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. Oscar Wilde

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Well, I joined up at http://www.italianfoodforever.com/ They asked me if I knew a guy named Dorazio, and I foolishly admitted that yes, I did.

Jim, who is this guy named Guido? And what does it mean that he will come visiting me? He must be a famous baseball player, cause they said he carries Louisville Sluggers.

OK, all kidding aside, I've copied off a couple of recipes. I think I can make Chicken Scarpariello in camp with dehydrated chicken breasts.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack

I tried to get in there and my computer died from a slow download so I gave up ..... Started thinking about it and came to the conclusion that they would not have any recipes for grits and garlic so I called it quits. :evil:

Or could it be I have one of those full moon computers that just can't get near garlic, daylight or good food. :?

Then I decided that the best thing to do is to just to camp with oldyaker and enjoy the chow he brings ... He brings the good chow and I bring the appetite..... Boy is it gooooood but his waiter sure needs a lot of help .... HECK ......what can a body expect when the waiters name is Swampy ( I saw it on his name tag ) and dressed in camo boots , shorts with a bombers hat with a blue cape trailing behind him.. :roll:

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Oh Jacky, I hope you know you know what you did, once your in you never get out.........suggest you get some knee pads like the hockey players wear and wear them under your trousers! :wink:

Yep Chuck, Joey, A.K.A. Swampy is a little slow, but he is cheap. Throw him a snack once in awhile and it keeps him happy. I just wish he would stop dressing like the guy that lives in the cardboard box under the 7th street bridge in Pittsburgh! :roll: Good help is hard to find.

Italian Proverb: L'acua fa cantare; il vino fa ballare (Water makes you sing; wine makes you dance.)

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Kayak Jack,

I have a buzzer fer that. Well, more the idea, but when I git one built 'n learn it ta talk like a sailor, I'll send ya one ta try. :wink:

regards,

bearridge
inventor

Man developed in Africa. He has not continued to do so there. P.J. O'Rourke

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
OK, OK .... so I dress for comfort.... and yes! Will work for food....
Yak's snacks are hard to pass on. His butcher should be presented with some kind of an award for great foods.

Let's face it... when anyone sees this group of wrinkled faces around a camp fire, one's heart goes out and has to begin some activity to cancel out the many laughs stored up inside ya.

Serving plates is a wonderful way to snicker behind their backs.... :shock: :wink:

Now there are those who aren't that far out on the insane circles of looks vs mentality. Harry and Harry Jr, Van, Ray, Joe ( but Joe is hair line for right now....) and of course Daper Al. These guys allow strangers to approach the camp without fears. Without them and their lofty presents among the rest, would make us look like a group of Jeffrie Dhommers wannabees.

Most with pot bellies that make Santa jealous, one can readily see that amounts on a plate have no limits nor concerns from other's opinions. Resilent in our attitutes about eating well and laugh heartily anyone else can quickly see that to join in would be complete madness and self help needed to help sustain one's ballance till the next meal/snack.

Those big menues you read about here on the forum is usually nothing but carefully placed ads. In reality peanuts/cut cold cuts/cheeses and what ever can be carried for a week in a wet pack is found laying on the dinning table. Oh yes, sometimes there are dehydrated foods found, but they too are a product of "camper's fast foods" and time saving spreads.

I have found that taste has nothing to do with what we eat. But having said that, I gotta say that some of these guys bring food fit for a king... and a bunch of starving paddles without pride. :shock:

That leads me to render this pearl of advise..... serve others so that ye may have extra.... :wink: :lol:

swampy Matridie to th' Starz along th' river

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Swampy said:
That leads me to render this pearl of advise..... serve others so that ye may have extra.... :wink: :lol:

Swampy! You ain't supposed to tell them the secret! :shock: :lol:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Swampy said:

It's OK Joey, I still love ya! XXXOOOXXX :p

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Guys, I have been pounding my head fer something really tastety on the Nanny coming up. ( Nanny is what Bro bar is calling the Natahala River Venture)

OK, rasins and carrots for Saturday evening. But what else? Taters is good to go .... but there has to be soemthing special to mark this meal....

A bouque of For Get Me Nots? ( Seven taters in foil left on the grill during the meal) :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol:

Deserts... no one has mentioned them .....

BB, you should be here for this one.... these guys pack some great snacks that are better than most big meals at home ..... usually I find a new prduct for a new idea in camp from these guys.

Yak has a butcher that is number one in making sausages and jerkey. The guy is a genious when it comes to setting a table for consumption...

Then again we expect that with this bunch of excentrics... :roll:

swampy