It's All JDupre's fault | SouthernPaddler.com

It's All JDupre's fault

islandpiper

OK, there I was, minding my own business, immersed in my household responsibilities, my business and my own meagre hobbies. Somehow I managed to get most things done somehow, with a minute or two a month left to spare.

Then Joey shows up at the Rendezvous with his blowgun. Well, one thing led to another and now I have one, too.

There went all my free time.

piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have one also but not really good with it , time might correct that problem.
Learned a lot from the get together and have more to try my hand at. Not even thinking of all the suggestions that were made by everyone. There was a wealth of information being spilled , just have to divide the fly specks from the pepper. :D

Chuck.

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Guilty as charged. :oops: Been thinking about some of the hobbies we have amoung the members of this forum: boat building, fishing, camping , pellet guns, blowguns, telling jokes and general goofing off. Piper told me when he got back from the "The Great Pirogue Expedition" that he got to be a 10 year old for a week. THAT'S what we do. We do the things that made us happy as kids. Hold on, I'll be right back, I'm going to throw a spitball at the teacher. :twisted: :lol:

Joey

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I don't know which is better/worse - to be awakened from a sound sleep with a bagpipe, or a poison dart in the neck.

(As Jack Benny said, when threatened with, "Your money or your life, mister!") "I'm thinking! I'm thinking!"

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
islandpiper said:
Things I've learned so far:

1. these darts which are about ten inches long get lost as easily as a .177 pellet.
2. I can load and fire about as fast as I can with my .22 pistol
3. This whole blowgun thing lends itself to bagpipers, no joke.

piper

Note to self--Bite tounge and say nothing about large volumes of hot air.
:mrgreen:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I know....'n he iz already "rigged".....[chuckle]

regards
bearridge

At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless.  Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats.  P. J. O'Rourke

islandpiper

I had so much fun perforating boxes and pop cans with my new blowgun, that I decided to make one to give to my son. Both are 1/2" EMT, with hardwood mouth guards. I'll tie some feathers on loops out at the muzzle end of his , both to make it more visible to innocent bystanders and to show crosswind.

It amazes me (perhaps i am easily amazed...) that it is about impossible to push a bamboo skewer through a pop can, but the blowgun can to it easily at 15-feet range!!

I'll try to post a pic or two when i can slow down and take some.

piper

islandpiper

Like a lot of things, this one is "catching:. I made a blowgun for myself....then one for my grown son...and now an old buddy in Texas wants to make one, too.

Yup, i't all JDupre's fault.

My darts are cooking skewers with punched out packing foam fletching. These will blow all the way into a cardboard box at about 20 feet. I can punch them into a pop can at about 15 feet. Not a toy, really.

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

islandpiper

Straight 'n narrow bearridge.......if we get off track here and start talking about Wm Jefferson, (D) Louisiana we'll never get back to blowguns.

But, what a creep, and his brother is a creep, and his sister is a creep, as well as other family members, and they have been in charge of lots of things for many many years and have done their part to hold down the condition of the voters in the New orleans area. Just a peek into how politics REALLY works.

OK, now I'm finished. Back to blowguns.

piper

JammyJ

Nov 27, 2009
Belfast, (but from killyleagh)
Well... after reading the story and seeing the pics at lunch the other day... it looked handy enough so i just had to make one... about 2ft long.
15mm light steel Tube (a spare curtain rail)....some BBQ skeewers and a bit of foam cut to suit the bore.

Wow... I cant believe how this thing shoots. :D

Put a bag of woodchips up in the Garden and the thud when the darts hit... well it just sounds great.
My Daughter managed to stick one on top of a tree in our garden and myself and my wife were bursting a few ballons with it when the kids went to bed.
We have a palm type tree... and when you shoot into it its tricky enough to pull them out.

made another slightly longer... and its a good job. Its easier to aim and can stick 8 darts in the woodchip bag right down the garden...also they stick into my sons wooden goalposts at 20 odd yards.

Certainly not a toy. The kids love it though (but its packed away well out of reach)

Thanks for the fun and hopefully some small vermin hunting in the future.

James. :)