Jaeger schnitzel | SouthernPaddler.com

Jaeger schnitzel

GoodOlBoy

May 12, 2011
Deep East Texas
Get a pork loin and cut it in 3/4 inch slices. Take each cutlet and trim it down lean. Pound it out with a meat tenderizer. Dip it in all purpose flour( little salt, black pepper, and cayenne in the flour) , then in egg, then in breadcrumbs. Fry in a skillet with about 1 1/12 inches of hot oil or grease till brown. Bought 3-5 minutes a side. They will float when done.

For the gravy cook three slices of bacon in a skillet, add 1 whole sweet yellow onion in and caramelize them ( I leave the bacon in) use two cups of sweet red wine to deglaze the pan, add in a cup of mushroom pieces or slices. Let it cook down a minute, then add two packs of brown gravy and the water it calls for. After stiring out the lumps let it reduce down then top the schnitzel with it.... For a little extra umph you can add cayenne before cooking it down.

Serve with pan fried creek taters

It's good stuff, only problem ya got is to get people to stop coming over after you serve it once.

Richard...

GoodOlBoy

May 12, 2011
Deep East Texas
Hey I can't help it if they don't know how to properly use chili powder and cayenne pepper! If it wasn't for those two spices and garlic and lawerys ( yeah yeah so I can't spell that one) I would starve to death!

Richard :D

islandpiper

You would starve in Michigan. If someone wants to make a dish REALLY SPICY there, they put ketchup on it!

for about 18 summers I worked in a summer Festival Orchestra camp there. The musicians from Louisiana always came to the chow hall with their own bottles of Tobasco. After i moved to Louisiana I understood.

piper

GoodOlBoy

May 12, 2011
Deep East Texas
*shudder* Ketchup is what we add to the mild chili when it's still too spicy for the little kids......

Currently my two add-on sauces of choice are siriachi (the chinese stuff) and Tapatio. I gave up on the Tabasco and Louisiana red hot when it got to be more vinegar flavor than pepper flavor. Now there are a few folks out there that make their own and THAT tends to be tasty tasty stuff. We also grow our own cayenne around the house and anything we don't eat right away I put into a big olive oil bottle (or a flip top beer bottle) and drop in a little pickling salt, and pour boiling apple cider vinegar over it. In a couple of months of aging you have a decent pepper sauce for beans. You can really mix it up by adding cloves of garlic to it, and maybe one jalapeno for depth.
:mrgreen:
Richard