Joint Build Question | SouthernPaddler.com

Joint Build Question

fenix1

Apr 21, 2012
Noble, Louisiana
Have everything i need to build cept my Rib n' Stem kit from UJ's. Ordered it from them on the 7th and called them on the 15th as i hadn't received it yet. Said they'd ran out of material and would ship it on the 19th. Anyways as i sit here and wait a question popped up. When making the Joints do ya have to add the Wax to the poly-resin or is that just for the Finishing Coat? And also bout Wax Paper over and under the joint...will it stick, ya have to spray it with anything like Pam or something? Just wondering.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I use a large zip lock bag which I cut open to form a flat piece. Just make sure the lettering is not in contact with the epoxy or it will be transferred to the epoxy and wood.
A sheet of plastic also works pretty good. I have even use some thin plexiglass sheets.

fenix1

Apr 21, 2012
Noble, Louisiana
Sounds good...am really excited bout this. Gonna have to wait till the 1st ta get 2 more sheets of Luan. By then i'm sure all this yellow pollen from all these pine trees will have fell and i know it'll be in the 80's by then so wont take so long for the Joints to cure. Trouble is...the fish are biting like crazy here on Toledo Bend already!