July Fishing? | SouthernPaddler.com

July Fishing?

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
I took the strip pirogue fishing. :D Turned into a "Joy of Paddling" trip = (no fish and very hot) :( .
Love the graphite bottom.
Strippiroguefishing003.jpg

Lots of pretty sights.
Strippiroguefishing004.jpg

2ed. trip much better. This time with Beesboy. We traded boats so we could compare them. We like both :D .
Strippiroguefishing006.jpg

The REAL "Joy of Paddling" :D
Strippiroguefishing008.jpg

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Joey
One "good'un" will make the trip worthwhile. Caught 3 more smaller ones, but the big one made my day.
Thanks for the compliment about the pirogue. I am proud of this boat and like the way it fishes.

Matt
For me, a trip like this is "what it is about". Some folks like to paddle and camp. Some just like to paddle. Fishing is the game I like. A boat is a floating pier to fish from. I'm not saying I don't enjoy the boats. Each boat I have built was done to meet my goals and fishing style. I have received a lot of satisfaction and pleasure from them (building and using).

Jack
I,m mad at the actor. :x After a break on shore I couldn't find my hat. :? Could not see it on shore, in the bayou, nor the boat. Finaly found it! That joker was sitting on it. :cry: :lol:

beekeeper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
beekeeper said:
Jack, I'm mad at the actor. :x After a break on shore I couldn't find my hat. :? Could not see it on shore, in the bayou, nor the boat. Finally found it! That joker was sitting on it. :cry: :lol:
Some actors just have NO class, JD. Next time, pay him just a bit more.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Made another "joy of paddling" trip :( (no fish). It was sill a good day. The boat handled well in the wind and some boat waves. Great sunrise:

Strippiroguefishing002.jpg

Strippiroguefishing001.jpg

There is a fish in there. I just can't find him. :evil:

Strippiroguefishing003-1.jpg

beekeeper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Dear JD, here's a Geezer Secret:
#1 Pictures of sunsets are indistinguishable from pictures of sun rises. No one can tell the difference.
#2 Sunsets come at a much more convenient time of day.
#3 (You should be able to fill in #3 for yourself) :wink:

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Jack
#1 is true, so you only know that :wink: I said it was sunrise. :?
#2 is "convenient" but not fun, when sunrise is 75 -80 degrees, and sunset is 100+.

Mr. Bears
Sometimes it is just good to be going. That only last one or two trips and then I start not enjoying it so much. Better to be going and catching, than to be going and not catching. Glad you shoulder is better.

Joey
Lake Bistineau is like Verret, so many trees you don't know where to start. It is a hard place to figure out, but that is fishing.

Bob .
The stripper is a pleasure to fish out of, but the scratches are painfull.

beekeeper

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Too hot for camping down here. Grandson recently asked how much longer till their fall camping trip. I'm not camping, but I am looking forward to fall.

beekeeper