Just had a revelation | SouthernPaddler.com

Just had a revelation

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
There are a lot of reason ,personal pride,performance,light weight,looks.
I have been ask what my favorite boat is and my response is always the T-V ,dumb me I just figured out why . It is stable enough to sit up 8 are nine inches, has an open cockpit like a canoe
for fishing and gear that you need often easy in easy out ,has closed decks for securing gear , low profile for handling wind and waves, bulkheads so even if you fill the cockpit it is still able to be paddled, narrow enough to be easy paddling.
Basically what I have is a SOT with out getting wet ,a canoe for moving around,kayak sink for the performance and low wind signature. no wonder I like it ,it is the best of three boats all in one.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Yep.......

It is one fine boat , will take everything a United Van Lines Driver can pack in his truck and then more. :D

IM002281.jpg

And Ron still had more ( Lots More ) to pack in it and on it......... Including ...HIMSELF.

brazo%20011.jpg

That is one ...PACKED ...Boat and there was noting missing for camping , No Sir , Nothing at all.

Chuck.......

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I believe you are right, Ron. It's a dang good all-around design. Combined with your cooler holder idea, it's a design hard to be for us southern boys.

Joey

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Jd
It is a camping dude. I have some boats that are faster or,more stable,or lighter, but this is the all around camping fishing best for me.
Ron

Darrells

Oct 19, 2008
Lorena,Texas
oldsparkey said:
Yep.......

It is one fine boat , will take everything a United Van Lines Driver can pack in his truck and then more. :D

IM002281.jpg

And Ron still had more ( Lots More ) to pack in it and on it......... Including ...HIMSELF.

brazo%20011.jpg

That is one ...PACKED ...Boat and there was noting missing for camping , No Sir , Nothing at all.

Chuck.......

I remember when these pics were taken, wasn't there two tents tore up and someone was missing a shoe?

Oldironsides

Nov 20, 2009
Daytona Bch Fl.
Where can you find the plans for that boat ? Also what is the full name of the model ? Im perty sure that cooler mount is not part of the plans, so were there any real modifications that had to be done? Thanks

Jon

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
It's one of the Pirogues from JEM Watercraft. Ron did some modifications to it for his paddling and camping comfort. I'm not sure if Matt has the plans for the conversion but there is a good shot he does. Since then a couple more have been made.

lazyriverguy made one with a higher deck on it to keep most of the stuff under cover. Trust me on this....I was paddling with lazyriverguy and he had more in his then Ron did when I paddled with him.

fcreek%20003.jpg

The picture is from the viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7189 trip.

TV is ....... in the Touring Pirogue .. The TV 15 x29 then the wider TV 15 x 32 came about.

Here is the link to them on Matt's web site............
http://www.jemwatercraft.com/PirogueCompare.php

Chuck.....
PS.. Darrell , that trip is the one that finalized the decision for me , Hammocks are better then tents. I know you like to roll up in a tarp and hope everything misses you , especially the boats. :wink: