Just when someone gets a good idea.... | SouthernPaddler.com

Just when someone gets a good idea....

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Swampy said:
bummer
swp

Swampster,
That's the problem with our society, no sense of humor, zero, zilch, zip...
Never give an activist anything, zero, nothing, ignore. You give them anything, they come back for more....Was it Hank Williams sang that song, :I'm gonna start a coalition to end all coalitions......?

Geezer attitude: Journey thru life, fat ,dum and happy......

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
How 'bout road kill animal activist candy? Nah, probably taste like s##t.

I support PETA:

People forEating Tasty Animals

... activists being one of them ... (Jack's edit)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Are we getting to be a nation of WHIMPS or what.... My God Man that is life and how are you going to protect everyone or is it they just have to much time on there hands and not enough brains ....... let one of those fools step in front of my Jeep ... can you say an activist with tread marks. OOOOP's ... 1st I better get that Basher Bumper on there and some bigger tires.... I would like to make a good impression. :evil:

Chuck.

JEM

That's like a new year's thing they had around here.

In one of the far corners of NC, every New Year's Eve they have a possum drop. The possum wasn't "dropped". It was lowered in cage suspended by some rope from the roof of a gas station/convience mart.

Some pictures of the event http://ccsop.com/gallery/album13/brasstown

Description http://www.clayscorner.com/new-years-eve.shtml

Afterward, the carptured possum was releases and then everyone cheered. A simple event that got more popular because it was fun and safe. Well here comes PETA or some other hippie outfit. Griping that it was unsafe and cruel to the possum. So they had to stop.

Article about it being stopped: http://www.joannejacobs.com/mtarchives/013639.html

The event tried to switch to road-kill possum but I beleive that got squashed (no pun intended) too because of accusations about if the possum was acutally road killed or shot for the event.

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
If it was shot first it wasn't traumatized by being lowered in the cage. Why not hang a PETA member by their feet from the ridge. At midnight just cut the rope. SPLAT!

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Geeeezzzz Ger, Quit holding back and tells us how ya really feel!!!!!! :D

PS:I have no use for them whacko's either!

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
This thread just brought up memories of years gone by. Our family and most of the locals were really big hunters in the old days. We hunted most everything. The sportmans club used to have a anything goes picnic every summer at the club house. Fellas had a great time. The 'ol boys would cook up deer, bear if somebody got one the past season, turkey, coon, groundhog, rabbit, pheasant, carp, trout and I can't remember what all they had. It was alot of fun. A barrel of beer, some home made Grand dads Dago red, playing cards, and hunting/fishing stories that got better with each beer and each telling. Some of it was good, some of it had a real gamey taste. Of course, drinking all those beers, those boys would eat anything!
I guess PETA would have shut us down if they existed back then....

I guess those boys were the original PETA, as BB sez, People Eating Tasty Animals!

A

Anonymous

Friend oldyaker,

I reckon it iz like most things in this ole world. Some folks jest bound ta take it too far. I got no use fer a fella that would hurt a animal jest fer fun 'er spite, but anybody figgers a piece a candy iz gwine ta learn the little pardners ta try ta run over animals jest aint rite.

I reckon I done some mean stuff ta animals when I wuz a little pardner, but by 'n by I seen how it warnt rite. It didnt come frum a bunch a folks throwin' blood 'er raisin' Cain over ta Colonel Harlan Sanders chicken cafe. It jest come frum inside me.

Same with basketball. It aint nuthin' wrong with it, but it jest aint rite ta show it on tv all the dang time. Jest the playoffs. :mrgreen:

Wonder why the High Sheriff aint got hiz own tv show....bout all the stuff he knows fer sho? Hmmm.....the TV Gods mite put a fine on him like they done Ole Howard Stern 'n Miz Janet when her wardrobe fell off?

Mebbe it aint such good idea fer the Sparkanator ta be on the tv? Mebbe he oughta do like Mister Clifford Jacobs 'n jest put out videos of all the stuff he knows fer sho. Wonder how long it would last? :wink:

regards,

bearridge
ramblin' geezer

You may deceive all the people part of the time, and part of the people all the time, but not all the people all the time. Abraham Lincoln

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Bro Bar, some people are just plain mean. I figger they have been that way for a spell now. Candy ain't gonna make anyone mean.

In fact I see a very good thing in this. How many accidents are the results of animals running across the road? How many deaths have been blamed on animals in the road, and the first reaction of the driver was to "avoid" those critters?
I recon a heap.

I preach to my wife to hit what ever comes out on the street rather than swing off the road and hurt or maybe kill herself , and any one inside the car with her. Yeah, sounds in-humane at first glance, but what is worth more? People or an animal.
I aide with the humans.

Maybe the candy will help some overcome the fear of hitting an animal rather than hurt themselves.

"Road apples" are everywhere around here. Snakes and frogs lead the list. Possums are not un-common either. Then there is the buzzards... they have to eat too...

swp

DocMobius

Aug 25, 2003
Wasola, Missouri
Wait a minute,, Hold the phone :shock: :shock: :shock:

Was that SWAMPY up on a stage with tinsel in that first set of pictures that Jem put on? :?:

:D Just Checkin, DocMobius

PlumbeRob

Mar 15, 2005
West Central Florida
Gummis candy vs fruit

If Kraft foods decided to make fruit gummis instead of candy ones I'd be all for it. The last thing I need is my little boy all hyped up on sugar trying to run over the neighboors cat on his big wheel. But it would be funny to watch.