kayak jack got his wish | SouthernPaddler.com

kayak jack got his wish

islandpiper

At the Rendezvous, Kayak Jack casually mentioned that I should get a big hand for putting th show together. Well, about 4 PM that day he got his wish when my gout acted up and hit my right little finger. Here is how it looked by Monday. Needless to say, all you fellows who gave me a hearty handshake before leaving had my undivided attention.

Piper

big%20hand%20cropped%20.jpg

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Ouch! Sorry to hear about that, Piper. Not a good condition to have for a man that works with his hands. Hope it gets better soon.

Joey

islandpiper

jdupre', thanks, actually ilt could be a lot worse. I have some good meds and have been able to circumvent much of the pain. ILt has not kept me from working but I have trouble with piping and have to buckle down for a job in February. It will be ok.....I just posted this to lay a guilt trip on Jack since he's had a week off and the rest of us are working. '

Piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
islandpiper said:
I just posted this to lay a guilt trip on Jack since he's had a week off and the rest of us are working. '

Piper

If you think Jack has only been off for a week , BOY DO YOU NEED HELP , his bubble has never been centered. Or are you talking about w&%k , in that case you are really wrong. :lol:

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Jack has that effect on people........ :roll: Damn that looks sore! Hope you get better Piper.

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Keith,
I done tole ya how to get rid of that stuff. Remember me telling you about my one legged constable friend who used to wear potbellied shirts While having the gout bad? Oatmeal my friend. Oatmeal, morning noon and night. Cept that crazy man ate it mixed with cold water. Ate it raw. Don't know if he sauteed any or fried any of it, But he ate plenty of it. No potbellied shirts or gout anymore. Fraid I'd just have to put up with the gout. Bet oatmeal would be pretty good soaked in some good roast gravy. :roll:
Hope you get to feeling better Keith.
Bob

islandpiper

As usual, you guys make me think, and listen, and learn and laugh. Thanks, I needed that.

Cherry juice? I thought it was lemonade. And I think it is Indocin or something like it that I'm taking, least tilll they run out.

I've always been a foot-gout guy till this time, and, no, I can't tell you which is better.

Six AM here, Guess I'll o make Oatmeal.

Thanks again. Piper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
DAMN! Piper San, that looks bad. Being a clean living, virtuous soul, I never get such ailments.

But, if I did, I'd drink lots of water and soak that beat up hand in warm salt water. And, maybe sip some of that Scotch like we were into at Coop's Bar.