Kayak Jack is offline for a bit | SouthernPaddler.com

Kayak Jack is offline for a bit

islandpiper

Long story, shortened. Our favorite and most active posting member, Kayak Jack, will be silent for a couple of weeks, unless the electron gods smile broadly upon him. Problems with his mother's board, so some such 'puter term, his hardened driver is ok, but out of service (???) and his phone number has been changed. I don't know how much of this, if any, relates to the passing of the torch in Wash. DC tomorrow.

I'm sure there will be stories, BOAT SCIENCE, when he gets back among us.

Just thought you'd like to know

piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Piper....

All of us know Jack is a bit off the line but now you are saying he has infected his computer , specifically the Mother Board and his hard drive. Because of those problems he out of service. :?

I wish his computer the best of luck , a speedy recovery and that it gets well really soon. It's a shame it affected his phone also so he had to change numbers but life does offer different twists now and then. His luck with electronics I sure hope he does not use an electric razor. :lol:

Dang it's fun picking on him when he can't do anything about it.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
islandpiper said:
Bob, i'm open to any possibility. But, I think he'd rather be in East Lansing, or East London, or East Timur for that matter, than the capitol today.
I hope yer rite, but the Masons marched at the celebration today.....so did a heap a folks. It wuz a bad day at black rock. :?

jimsong

May 24, 2008
lakside village, texas
I have been watching President Obama's inauguration festivities off and on all day long. I saw Jack on TV! No, wait, false alarm. That was the Washington memorial. Granite, Jack, hard to tell. About the same age.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
bearridge said:
islandpiper said:
Bob, i'm open to any possibility. But, I think he'd rather be in East Lansing, or East London, or East Timur for that matter, than the capitol today.
I hope yer rite, but the Masons marched at the celebration today.....so did a heap a folks. It wuz a bad day at black rock. :?

I always thought Masons built brick walls or buildings ? If they were marching I sure hope someone was walking behind them with a morter (cement) pooper scooper. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I missed the ceremony , had better things to do like , making ice cubes , defrosting pork chops , planting weeds in the yard and having a life. :p

Chuck.

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Just got off the phone with Jack. His computer died and he had some big dollar repairs on his vehicle a couple of days apart. He'll probably be back on line early next week. New email address [email protected] -- new home phone - 517 708 7079

Joey

islandpiper

You know it has been so quiet in here that i think we should let the geezers-in-training and geezer-wannabes in for , say, one evening a week just to look around and enjoy themselves. They could help us move the tables around, too....probably lots of little chores like that. Stock up the fridge, that sort of thing. And, at times like this, when Kayak Jack is offline we'd have somebody to talk to, anyway.

piper

islandpiper

I just got off the phone with Kayak Jack. He's well and happy ......and expects to have a computer back by friday afternoon. His email will be all different and he has lost all his old email contacts. So, when he posts his new one, we'll need to flood him with addys, etc.

piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
islandpiper said:
I just got off the phone with Kayak Jack. He's well and happy ......and expects to have a computer back by friday afternoon. His email will be all different and he has lost all his old email contacts. So, when he posts his new one, we'll need to flood him with addys, etc.

piper

Dang the way he has change everything are you sure he wants to be bothered with all of the stuff from the dark , dingy , dismal past on here he managed to get rid of. :lol:

Not being suspicious but how will we know it is the same Kayak Jack from the past and not an impostor trying to take his place. It does create some thoughts when everything is changed ( all previous connections with the past ) and then nothing is like it was. :?

I think the legal department better check this out and make sure it is not a scam created by the folks in Louisiana and that general area with cohorts ( partners in crime) from and in the north.

Yep ... All of this has me thinking of a person walking over thin ice on a lake , sooner or later you are going to get very wet. Or is it all the snickering I can hear from Pipers Place.... 2 and 2 is making 5.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
islandpiper said:
Chuck, three times in the conversation he told me I could go F*** myself, and your name came up once or twice too, and he wanted me to join Masons......trust me, it is the same old Kayak Jack.

piper

Yep , I received the same sales pitch , that was when I reminded Jack I rather work in/with wood , a higher class of material , then cement. :roll: For that reason I'm sure when he mentioned my name he really was using it as a substitute for the F*** word. After all there are only two different letters in it. :p

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Aaaah, Sir Jack,

I been hearing stories mate. Disturbing stories - that a new woman has come along - cleaned out the kayak shed and sawdust and all the BS.

Tell me it isn't so

please.

:p :p