Knots n Such | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Knots n Such

Deer Slayer

Sep 4, 2006
Me ami bearridge....

C'était un jour triste pour nous des voyageurs quand Jac ole l'a pris dans l'intestin. À mesure qu'une marque de respect, Merriweather a augmenté nos rations de liquidfied des squeezings de maïs plusieurs fois plus de.

(It was a sad day for us voyageurs when ole Jac took it in the gut. As a token of respect, Merriweather increased our rations of liquidfied corn squeezings several times over.)

Beaucoup de des périodes autour du feu de camp de soirée dehors sur le grand seul sipping notre jus de maïs, et s'ennuyant de nos femmes gens et famille, Jac du Kayak ole soulagerait le notre déplore et des ennuis de darke en nous séduisant avec le sien résumé '....

(Many a times around the evening campfire out on the great lonesome sipping our corn juice, and missing our women folk and family, ole Jac du Kayak would ease our laments and darke woes by beguiling us with his resume'....)

Je peux porter, barboter, marcher ou chanter avec scie de hav tout homme de I la 'jamais J'ai été un homme de canot pendant vingt années, et dans les servoss oreilles pour fourtee des ' Là est aucun portage à désirer ardemment fourrure je 50 chansons étaient mon jour J'ai économiser les lifes de dix voyageurs J'ai eu 12 épouses, et six chiens courants J'ai dépensé tout mon argent dans le plaisir. Étais je yung encore que je vivrais ma vie la même manière plus de. Pour lui n'y a aucun mince plus heureux de la vie la vie d'un voyageur..

(I can carry, paddle, walk or sing with anyman I hav' ever saw

I have been a canot man for twenty years, and in the servoss for fourtee 'ears

There izz no portage to long fur me

50 songs were my day

I have save the lifes of ten voyageurs

I've had 12 wives, and six running dogs

I have spent all my money in pleasure. Were I yung again I would live my life the same way over. For there is no life more happier thin the life of a voyageur....)

oui, Jac ole était un..and du voyageur des voyageur... et ainsi, nous et notre prêtre chantés En Roulant Ma Boule, et célébrés un la Masse De Jac...

(aye, ole Jac was a voyageur's voyageur.....and so, we and our Black Robe sung En Roulant Ma Boule, and celebrated a Jac Mass....)

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Durn! Don't know if I'm being enthused about or vilified here. No one ever sung about me in french.

Two, mebbe three, josans sung about me in Japanese, couple Filipino maidens mourned my leaving, Taiwanese ladies gathered at the edge of the runway - sobbing when I left. American gals cheered as I departed (vicious foxes them American gals).

french gals were indifferent towards me - I had to comb my eyebrows by hand, couldn't lick'em.

Deer Slayer

Sep 4, 2006
Aye me Jack.... :wink: were the lot of us to hie around a good fire at the end of a hard paddle, me feelings would be that we would roar the night away telling tall tailes, with each roasting the other in cheer and good spirits.....
as we are born to the paddle, we are blessed with the joys of life, and thus we wag our tounges with a glint of glee in our eyes and afflict kith and kin with our tellings....

Now, about them lassies.... :D