Kraken Black Spiced Rum | SouthernPaddler.com

Kraken Black Spiced Rum

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
While over at the eldest daughters on Christmas her husband offered me a mixed drink that was made with Kraken Rum and A & W Root Beer. Before you say anything ... That's was the smoothest and most delicious Rum mixed drink I have ever had. :D

Kraken is a Rum imported from the Islands and is a real dark rum that has assorted spices added to it. I know spiced rum stinks , well that is the Capt Morgan Spiced Rum it tastes like cooking vanilla and I can't stand it.

As Wikipedia explains it...............
The base rum used in Kraken is from Trinidad and Tobago, distilled from molasses made from local sugar cane. The rum is aged 12 - 24 months and is then blended with a proprietary mix of 11 spices, including cinnamon, ginger and clove. All added ingredients are natural, and the Kraken is gluten-free and vegan.

I did not try any straight but mixed in the root beer it was really good and this old boy plans on having the rum and the root beer here at the house.
Kraken Black Spiced Rum is 47% alc ( 94 proof in the USA ) Currently exported to Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Denmark, South Africa, Sweden, Australia, and New Zealand.
recipe-4.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I was having a regular Coke with ice in a glass when the talk got around to mixed drinks. Rob mentioned A & W Root Beer and I said that I have a 6 pack of it at home because I enjoy a glass of ice cold root beer.
Then he mentioned the rum and Laura handed me a miniature bottle of it , WOW that is some dark rum ( which I really like ) so they told me that was my bottle of rum to take home and try it. :wink:
With that Rob disappeared into the kitchen and a few minutes later came out with a old fashion glass with a beverage in it and 2 or 3 ice cubes. He handed it to me and told me it was the rum with root beer and to try it.
With apprehension I took a small sip and after then a better tasting of it........ That drink instantly replaced the Coke on the table next to me and the coke was moved to the far side of the table.
They were not joking , it is one really smooth and tasty beverage. Don't be fooled with the mildness of it , one drink is plenty. Especially if you have not had anything as strong for almost a year.

Chuck.
PS. I still have that miniature , unopened , here at the place as a souvenir. I used the Kraken website to locate a dealer here by the house and there are three of them close by. :D

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Surprise, surprise. Our little liquor store had the Kraken. Pretty good. Took a swig straight and got my whistle cleaned. Thanks Chuck. My Daughter said "a little dab'l do yo". Thanks Chuck
Bob
PS. I need to find Piper's recipe for spiced rum.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Wannabe said:
Took a swig straight and got my whistle cleaned. Thanks Chuck. My Daughter said "a little dab'l do yo". Thanks Chuck
Bob
PS. I need to find Piper's recipe for spiced rum.

Bob listen to your Daughter I listened to mine and that is why it was mixed with root beer.
It ain't your Grandmothers Rum , this is something else , mild when mixed but now another person has told me , straight it has a kick and it should at 94 proof.