Lasagna Rolls...... | SouthernPaddler.com

Lasagna Rolls......

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
A few of us on the back channels of the Geezer Coconut Telegraph have had a chat about cutting back on meats somewhat so we can be around for a few more paddling seasons. We have discussed the Med Diet.
We watch when we can but still enjoy the burger or buffalo wings once in awhile.
I have this recipe and made these a few times and they are real good! Ricotta cheese is low fat. Red wine is good for you! :wink:

Lasagna Rolls
(This is enough for one serving figuring 2 rolls per person), adjust for more) I never measure a damn thing and make these 15 at a time when the kids come to eat.

*2 lasgana noodles
*1 cup of shredded spinach, I steam some frozen and it works well.
*4 chopped mushrooms
*1/2 cup shredded carrot
*1-2 cloves of minced garlic
*1/2 cup of ricotta cheese. (You can use cottage if you can't find ricotta)
(I don't know if Southerners have it yet.)
* 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
* couple of shakes of dried basil and oregeno.
*Tomato sauce
*Salt and pepper to your liking.

Boil your Lasagna noodles and rinse with water. Heat some olive oil and saut'e your mushrooms, carrots, chopped spinach if using fresh and garlic in olive oil. Mix in bowl, your ricotta cheese, saut'ed veges, and spinach, saute'd or steamed. Also your seasonings and Parmesan cheese.
Lay out your lasagna noodle, spread the mixture over the length of it, roll up but not too tight so it holds your filling.
Pour some tomato sauce over the top and shake on more Parmesan cheese.
Now if your making just a couple or so, you can microwave them for a couple of minutes. If I make 15 at a time like I did yesterday, I put them in a baking pan and for an hour or so at 350 degrees covered with foil.
Some good Italian bread and a glass of red and your eating well and healthy. Bravo!

Mama Mia, Ho dimenticato quasi :!: These things freeze well if you have a deep freezer. I made two additional baking dishes yesterday with 15 each in them frozen for Christmas Eve when the kids and Grandkid is here. You just need to add to your cooking time. Probably about two hours at 350, hey every oven is different!