latest paddle | SouthernPaddler.com

latest paddle

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Nice.

Sweet pictures Kurt! A little relief for this forlorn paddler. It's 28 outside and some snow. If I fell in this water it would freeze this old a$$ in about 20 seconds. My experience with LA. Fort Polk, LA in Jan and Feb of 67. Also Nawlins for a week in the mid 90's. WOW! Would love to go down just for the fish'n and paddl'n. Again, thanks for the great pix!

Kurt Loup

Sep 10, 2003
Baton Rouge, LA
www.loup-garou.net
Oldyaker,

To make you feel worse about the 28* temps, I actually got out in Lake Pontchartrain and wet waded up to my knees while fishing. Wasn't too cold and the sun wasn't out either. I think it will be in the 80's today.

Kurt

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Kurt neat pictures! Them nawthern boyz iz jest a twitchin to git into th water now! An we got th rest of spring to show em what hit means to paddle in March! :lol: ( come summer we'll travel up thar an git us sum cool air... 8) )
swampy

michstripcanoe

Sep 10, 2003
Oscoda, michigan
Bayou Country

Kurt: Thanks for posting the pictures. They're great. The loon reminds me of the great North. Now I know where they migrate to. Spend the winters in Florida but have yet to see a loon down here. See lots of them in Michigan and Ontario on canoe trips up there. Thanks again. Look forward to seeing more from you.

Just a whittlin and paddlin--what's better?