Launch Day | SouthernPaddler.com

Launch Day

aprayinbear

Feb 9, 2007
South Carolina
Finally got my pirogue in the water :!: :D She moves smooth as glass through the water, even with my brother, myself and gear as payload (450+ lbs). I really wanted a boat, not longer then 16', that would easily car-top and carry two adults. I held my breath until I tried her out, and wow am I pleased. Thanks to all you guys who gave me design advice. It really paid off. Can't wait to go again with a can of crickets and my cane-pole in hand.

Here's a couple of photos of my boat in the water. I threw in an extra photo of a big ole' water moccasin sunnin' herself a few feet off the water. She sure was pretty (at a distance). Sure is good to be on the water again!

Wishin' everyone many days like these
8)

DSC03547.jpg

DSC03549.jpg

snakeintree.jpg

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
G'day Aprayinbear,

Bloody congratulations mate. Lovely boat being paddled in a beautiful place. A big "GOODONYAMAAAATE" :D :D

I really like your boats colour scheme and also your idea at the stems is a beauty.

Thank you for sharing . :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
OK , another failure on our part .... His Boat Floats an he is even smiling. Guy's I keep telling you it is not suppose to be that way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of the fun for me is making them then the rest as you found out is paddling them. Just wait till you have that can of crickets and the rod , try not to sink her by piling in to many fish.
She's a beauty on and off the water , by the way in the one picture your buddy sure seams to like being out in her as long as you do all the paddling.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Dang....anuther fine boat. I doff my e-hat prayin' bear.

regards
bearridge

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom. H. L. Mencken

aprayinbear

Feb 9, 2007
South Carolina
Many Thanks

Thanks for all the kind words. My four legged friend is my brother's Australian shepherd Cheyenne. She's happy anytime she can go along!

All The Best,
Duffy :mrgreen: