Lemon Ginger Pear Deep Dish with Walnuts for 12" Dutch | SouthernPaddler.com

Lemon Ginger Pear Deep Dish with Walnuts for 12" Dutch

Jean

Here's a recipe I developed the other night that was really great!

Lemon Ginger Pear Deep Dish with Walnuts for 12" Dutch Oven(c)

Grease your Dutch Oven generously with margarine or butter

5 Large Pears peeled and sliced
4 or 5 slices of candied ginger diced fine
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup Karo syrup(white)
1 box of lemon cake mix dry
1 cup walnuts
1 stick of butter or margarine melted
1 1/2 cup of water

Grease Dutch Oven and slice pears and diced Ginger into it. Sprinkle Pears with cinnamon. Pour 1 cup Karo corn syrup over pears.
Cover all with Cake Mix. Sprinkle Walnuts on top then drizzle with melted butter. Pour water over all last. Put Lid on Dutch Oven and Bake for 45 Minutes. I think 9 coals on top and 5 on the bottom will do it.
(c)adventurefoods.com
Jean :wink:

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Re: Lemon Ginger Pear Deep Dish with Walnuts for 12" Du

Jean...It is 4:30 PM here. Close to supper time. Bubba(me) had a half slab of ribs and some chicken for lunch(warmed up with a breakfast of three home-made "Cathead" biscuits with applebutter and real butter). Getting hungry though. {:O) Gotta try this recipe!! P.S. Will order a "Bakepacker" next month with B-Day moola. KAHUNA :D [

A

Anonymous

Bubba(me) had a half slab of ribs and some chicken for lunch(warmed up with a breakfast of three home-made "Cathead" biscuits with applebutter and real butter

Say, that sounds really good. I love BBQ Ribs. I don't know how you could beat that meal. I canned about a dozen jars of fried apples a week or so back to use with biscuits too! :D That is one of my favorites. My mom use to stack up biscuits and stewed fruits for what she called a "poor mans pie".

I'll put you something good in to cook up for your birthday.

Jean :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jean

Unlike Bubba (Kahuna) I missed lunch by arguing with insurance companies today and now have to get supper going. :oops: .....

Thinking about trying 1/2 of this recipe in the bakepacker to see how it would work for camping and laid back cooking. It is a party weekend this weekend , the wife will be over visiting her Mother.

One heck of a party, no holds bared, the Devil take the high most, cut loose and go wild, send in the Swat Team, Neighbors run fer the hills.......We just cut loose and go nuts ... One Huge party .....Up all night carousing around the living room...Just my best friend (pup's) and me, Who could ask for more (almost like camping). :?

See why the wife likes it when I take out camping and she is home. I could never camp enough to make her happy. :roll:

Chuck.