Life goes on..... | SouthernPaddler.com

Life goes on.....

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
I've been watching some carpentry videos on Youtube and found one featuring Larry Haun. Evidently, he is the crown prince of framing carpenters. He had it down to a science. He wrote books about it and everything. At 79, he and his brother could still frame an entire modest sized house in one day. He could drive 16 penny nails with one blow. It is a joy to watch them. When flying through a framing job, he was fond of saying " If your cut is not quite perfect, oh well, life goes on." I like that.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I once read an article that helped to define “Don’t sweat the small stuff.” When she confronted a trying situation where a choice “had” to be made, the author asked, “in a hundred years - will it make a difference?” She weighed options against that criteria

Sometimes,, though it won’t make any difference a hundred years frim now, it WILL make a difference right now. “Should I, or should I not, get some ice cream?” is one of those type situations.

And, sometimes, a choice really doesn't have to be made after all. Either way, Life does go on. But - it may be going on without you.

Reactions: grandpa paddler